Monk Unusability Value?

Celissa

Any idea what file I'd need to look through to find the monk's unusability value, or alternately, just what the dang thing is? In short, I have a kit in mind for which the monk's armor and weapon usablity restrictions would be pretty much exactly what I have in mind, yet I can't find the value. It's obviously not in KITLIST.2da (unless I really *am* completely blind) and I'm not sure where the unusability values for the unkittable or unkitted classes are.

Again, I apologize if this is rather a silly question.

Thanks so much, Avenger! So in theory, that might mean that so long as the character I want this kit for is human and lawful, I've a shot at going with the monk unusable flag? Hoping so, anyway.

Back to digging through the IESDP, then. :) Just wish I knew more about what I was talking about so I knew what to look for. Heh. Oh well, a little more reading won't hurt one bit. :D

Hmm, now that i see what you want, i guess it is pretty tough luck.

You cannot set the monk unusability bit for a kit.

But there are quite many other light armoured kits, try some of those.

I think one or two kits have some side-effects, like half thieving skills, or such.

Dang, that's too bad. Guess I'll just go with one of the thief kits, since those are more or less the weapons I want to be able to access, and just see about figuring out some funky scripting to disable the use of armor.

Thanks anyway. :)

Dang, that's too bad.  Guess I'll just go with one of the thief kits, since those are more or less the weapons I want to be able to access, and just see about figuring out some funky scripting to disable the use of armor. 

Thanks anyway. :)

Kensais can't use armours either, maybe you can use that for your armour restriction as they do have their own flag.

Problem is that kensai can't use bracers and such, which I don't want to restrict. Insofar as I know, it's only kensai, shapeshifters, mages and monks that have the no armor restriction, with the kensai's being the worst. Adding in either a shapeshifter or mage unusability code would, unless I'm mistaken, add in weapon restrictions too. I'm not 100% certain exactly how all that works, even after reading through the tutorials. Oh well, it's something I can puzzle through. :)

Some stuff was done for Amber that specifically restricted her from using halberds, even if she was allowed to use them as part of her class. That method could be helpful for you to disallow the few armour types available to a thief kit.

Archived