Looking for Modding Help

BG Hacker

In general, it's a good idea to go through the tutorial section and browse through the material there, because if people explain the basics to you, that's pretty much exactly how they're going to do it anyway. If you return with a specific problem you can't solve, generally people will be happy to try to work through the problem with you. In terms of game mechanics, you may find some things (like Tenser's Floating Disk, which I believe has been discussed before) to be almost impossible to achieve and have them be exactly like their pen and paper incarnations. You might be able to use a Tenser's Floating Disk to carry stuff (say, by making it a creature whose inventory you can access, like a familiar), but having it carry a character may well be impossible.

For those other spells, you might want to look at the structure of similar spells (Animate Dead, Cacofiend, etc) and see how they work, then modify them to act how you want them to.

Now, as to help with ideas, that works on a fairly similar premise to coding help. Generally, it's a good thing to throw out a few ideas to let people know where you generally want your mod to go. Then people wil bounce back their ideas and you can start to get suggestions. Most mod forums remain very quiet until the author starts to put out samples of their material for people to think about.

In general, it's a good idea to go through the tutorial section and browse through the material there, because if people explain the basics to you, that's pretty much exactly how they're going to do it anyway. If you return with a specific problem you can't solve, generally people will be happy to try to work through the problem with you. In terms of game mechanics, you may find some things (like Tenser's Floating Disk, which I believe has been discussed before) to be almost impossible to achieve and have them be exactly like their pen and paper incarnations. You might be able to use a Tenser's Floating Disk to carry stuff (say, by making it a creature whose inventory you can access, like a familiar), but having it carry a character may well be impossible.

For those other spells, you might want to look at the structure of similar spells (Animate Dead, Cacofiend, etc) and see how they work, then modify them to act how you want them to.

Now, as to help with ideas, that works on a fairly similar premise to coding help. Generally, it's a good thing to throw out a few ideas to let people know where you generally want your mod to go. Then people wil bounce back their ideas and you can start to get suggestions. Most mod forums remain very quiet until the author starts to put out samples of their material for people to think about.

Thanks. in that case, does anyone have any ideas? Wnt I want is to make more useful and cool mage spells, as well as some new "facilities in the planar sphere, like a workshop you canactually WORK in, a library, to store all those scrolls you normally want to keep but don't have any space in your scroll cases, as well as a librarian, whom you canuse to get more ooks and scrolls oer time, (like my new "spellbooks", which are somewhat like Books of Endless spells, or whatever its called) and, a study, a test aea, where you have a control to summon varios creatures (that can't attack you, or reach you) to test out spells on, beause I knoow I've always wanted something like that, Also, a crature summonig area(witha premanent undead ward and proection from evil thingy, as well as an invisible "barrier" for everything else, AND a Barracks for the planar spher's gaurd, AND an area for aprentices (of which there will be a lot). Furthermore, I want to make the planar sphere do the Planar traveling thing, but to other places. So, as you can see, I have a tall order in front of m alreday, bt thats easy. I do, howeve, need some help shouldering the burden in making the mod. Are there any newbies who have lots of timme on their hands who would like to make a cntribution to an already cool mod, to make it better, and learn at the same time? If so, then contact me at:

labelasenoreth@hotmai.com

Also, I will post more info on my website (which is finally working) at the following URL:

www.stickmagestudios.com

God help me, I am a nerd,

BG Hacker :down:

Archived