Looking for Modding Help

BG Hacker

I was not expecting a GDE interface, I expected something that didn't mean that I would have to write MORE code. I get enough code work at school, thank you, and I am pretty good at it. However, Weidu seems pretty confusing to me, and I am a programer. But then again, I don't understand why anyone still uses Unix. But thats just me.

HELP!,

BG Hacker :down:

What do you mean by 'more code'? The only code I can possibly imagine you have already is your .baf files. A basic tp2 for a simple mod will just install some CREs, dialogue and scripts and that's piss easy (so its not loads more code). Now, CREs are almost exactly the same coding with and without WeiDU. And dialogues written without WeiDU are just hideous and very few people will install them.

If you tell us what about WeiDU confuses you we can answer your questions or point you at the hundreds of tutorials out there which decribe almost any normal thing you might want to do with WeiDU.

Why do you call yourself an hacker if CLI disgusts you? :down:

You probably won't need to deal with the CLI anyway - you can simply rename weidu.exe to setup-mymod.exe, and it will automatically run the mod associated with either setup-mymod.tp2, mymod.tp2, mymod/mymod.tp2, or mymod/setup-mymod.tp2 (see: more or less any other mod).

Of course, if also writing tp2 (or baf, or d) code disgusts you, then you can stop modding just about now - nobody sane of mind is going to use a non-weidu mod anytime soon.

Why do you call yourself an hacker if CLI disgusts you?  ;)

You probably won't need to deal with the CLI anyway - you can simply rename weidu.exe to setup-mymod.exe, and it will automatically run the mod associated with either setup-mymod.tp2, mymod.tp2, mymod/mymod.tp2, or mymod/setup-mymod.tp2 (see: more or less any other mod).

Of course, if also writing tp2 (or baf, or d) code disgusts you, then you can stop modding just about now - nobody sane of mind is going to use a non-weidu mod anytime soon.

Because, I hack poeple. I hate DOS because I work with it so damn much. carojo, I am doing it again. Ficke, shieza. I hack a lot, but I don't do it for fun. Hacking is fun, but tedious. Especially Port scanning. :down::devil::down::)

Because, I hack poeple. I hate DOS because I work with it so damn much. carojo, I am doing it again. Ficke, shieza. I hack a lot, but I don't do it for fun. Hacking is fun, but tedious. Especially Port scanning. :down:  :devil:  :down:  :)

<snip>

I use non-weidu mods..... ;)  :D

WHich just proves you aren't sane of mind.

What confuses me about Weidu is, when I open it, it has a command-line style format, like DOS. I hate DOS code.

As I already stated, you don't run weidu.exe. You use it as a tool for compiling files and in conjunction with a tp2 file to install mods. See the readme for more information.

nobody sane of mind is going to use a non-weidu mod anytime soon.

You can only install 1 non-WeiDU dialogue editing mod. That makes people not especially keen to use them. Also, they are generally much less friendly to uninstall.

What confuses me about Weidu is, when I open it, it has a command-line style format, like DOS. I hate DOS code.

As I already stated, you don't run weidu.exe. You use it as a tool for compiling files and in conjunction with a tp2 file to install mods. See the readme for more information.

What the hell do you mean!? YOU'RE CONFUSING ME!!!! :devil:

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO MAKE MODS WITH WEIDU, THEN!? :down:

You don't need to double click on Weidu.exe and you don't need to type anyting in that DOS window to create your mod. What you do is to write text files (.tp2, .d, .baf et al). The one who wants to install your mod, will double click on Weidu.exe on his computer.

You just need to rename Weidu.exe so that its name harmonize with the name of your .tp2 text file. Just see some released mods to see how they have done it.

You don't need to double click on Weidu.exe and you don't need to type anyting in that DOS window to create your mod. What you do is to write text files (.tp2, .d, .baf et al). The one who wants to install your mod, will double click on Weidu.exe on his computer.

You just need to rename Weidu.exe so that its name harmonize with the name of your .tp2 text file. Just see some released mods to see how they have done it.

Text document? what do you mean? How exactly do I make a mod in Weidu, then? do I just type in a bunch of stuff in a .tp2 text file, and BOOM! it's a mode? :down::devil:

Generally speaking a mod is a combination of the following elements:

a TP2 file that describes what files are compiled, how script files are appended etc.

a number of files that have the mod content: CRE files for creatures, D files for dialogues (when compiled become DLG), BAF files for scripts (when compiled become BCS), ITM files for items, etc.

Generally to create a mod in WeiDU you will need:

A folder that will contain all the "content" files.

TP2 file named something like Mymod.TP2 and it consists of all sort of comands to install, compile or append files.

and Weidu.exe renamed Setup-Mymod.exe

The best way to learn how they relate to each other, I find, is Ghrey's How to Create a Simple NPC tutorial which has a small easy example of a TP2 file and step by step instructions.

Generally speaking a mod is a combination of the following elements:

a TP2 file that describes what files are compiled, how script files are appended etc.

a number of files that have the mod content: CRE files for creatures, D files for dialogues (when compiled become DLG), BAF files for scripts (when compiled become BCS), ITM files for items, etc.

Generally to create a mod in WeiDU you will need:

A folder that will contain all the "content" files.

TP2 file named something like Mymod.TP2 and it consists of all sort of comands to install, compile or append files.

and Weidu.exe renamed Setup-Mymod.exe

The best way to learn how they relate to each other, I find, is Ghrey's How to Create a Simple NPC tutorial which has a small easy example of a TP2 file and step by step instructions.

Thanks well, in that case, does anyone want to help me with my mod now? because i have dcided to use Weidu. Can anyone help me come up with some ideas? I need a LOT of ideas. I need some ideas for the spells and items, mostly, I mean, I can just look up the spells and items in the AD&D books( I have all of them, well, almost), but I can't get the mechanics right, Specifically:

Abyssal Army

Animate Doom Legion

Attract Ghoul

Tenser's Floating Disc

So, as you can see, I need some major graphical AND mechanical help with these spells.

Archived