Druid Progression Tweak

cvieor

Does this tweak really make a difference in how the game is played (in tutu)? I want to have an experience as close to BG1, but if this really balances druids I'll install this component. As long as it's a rational change, I'm all for it. Thanks!

It doesn't make much of a difference in Tutu. The difference between Cleric and Druid experience/level progression is more pronounced at BG2 experience levels. It is a tweak, and isn't claiming to be a fix or balance.

Guest Guest

Is there a way to just install this part "This also fixes a "bug" where attributes of the CRE file for "PC polymorphed into a Werewolf" were not actually given to the PC by the Polymorph opcode. Normal Werewolf" of the shapeshifter rebalancing and not the added spells and abilities? I don't like the casting spells in animal form and extra HP. A similar thing for the exotic item pack, I don't want the exotic items in the game, but I do want the fix for the merchant.

Guest Guest

If there's a way I can do this manually than wait for a "real" release I'll do that. Like if I can copy the "fixed" files and reinstall and paste them where they belong that's cool.

Why would you not want the exotic items in there? If you just want the fix, you could always ignore the items themselves, but I'm not that sure why you'd not want the items.

About the Shapeshifter component, you'd probably need to ask Cam/Weimer since Weimer coded it up and Cam used the EoU component directly so Tutu players could use it. I think the 'fix' part of it will be covered in the upcoming BG2 fixpack here. Cam's on holiday at the moment now though, IIRC.

Guest Guest
Why would you not want the exotic items in there? If you just want the fix, you could always ignore the items themselves, but I'm not that sure why you'd not want the items.

It makes me angry looking at them! I mean, they weren't in BG1!

If there's a way I can do this manually than wait for a "real" release I'll do that.  Like if I can copy the "fixed" files and reinstall and paste them where they belong that's cool.

To be fair, this is one of those fixes that are really "fixes". There's been nothing to suggest that Weimer's fixes here are actually developer intent, just something he didn't like. If someone can demonstrate otherwise, then it will definitely go into the Fixpack. :)

Archived