Time Stop Description

"Upon casting a time stop spell, the wizard causes the flow of time to stop for one round in the area of effect. Inside the sphere, the caster is free to act for three rounds of apparent time. The wizard can move and act freely within the area where time is stopped, but all other creatures, except for those of demigod and greater status or unique creatures, are frozen in their actions, for they are literally between ticks of the time clock. (The spell duration is subjective to the caster.) Nothing can enter the area of effect without being stopped in time also. When the spell duration ceases, the wizard is again operating in normal time. Note that all spells cast during the timestop will take effect immediately after time returns to normal."

How can be time stopped for one round? I would remove text highlighted by red color.

And in PHB AD&D I found reference about demigods - I think it should be stated as the most of ToB bosses are immune to Time Stop.

I don't think the red text needs to be removed given that there's a sentence saying "The spell duration is subective to the caster). I don't think it needs to be amended to state which ingame creatures are immune to it either.

Andyr: How can be time stopped for one round even "subjective to caster" when Time Stop duration is 3 rounds? I cannot see where this one round is. For me it is complete nonsense when you think little about it. (You should see czech version, it is even worse.)

That demigod part is from PHB but I do not insist on it. Its description is just better a more complete so I thought it would be nice addition.

I am not familiar with GTU yet so I did not get devSin's sentence in brackets but I am not about to argue with native speakers (or those much better than me). I just did not understand how time can be stopped for 6 seconds and within those caster has 18 seconds of apparent time. It little confuses me.

Archived