How Do I Change item colors

Guest LostinConfusion

Guest LostinConfusion

I have several Item editors including IEEP, Smithy tools, Bam workshop 2.. and several other graphic editors like PSP and so on though these others do not aide in working on item changes in the game.

My question is, How do i find and change colors for items that are internal. Like as an example the Spell cases. I have always wanted the cases not just named differently but to have different colors so at a glance you know which one is holding wizard spells, which is holding books, which has the Priests spells and so on.

After many years of playing and being totally frustraited I decided to try to download to editors and fix things to my style of play only to confused and frustraited that these internal files could not be found. Yet i have seen these items in other mods modified. So.. thus to you my post.. HOW!! Please HELP! :p

Guest LostinConfusion

I apologize for the caps. I am just really lost at how to fix these things. Seems when I am able to make a change it is only temp. next game its as it was prior to my changes. I have been trying to read as many of the how to's and read the workshop materials. I have learned a lot. Still have so much more to learn but I am willing to do so.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Guest Guest

When I use IEEP to Create or modify armor and type in the information, on the next game I play I for some reason that is no longer there. I have to recreate it all over again.

Guest LostinConfusion

I wish to thank Grim Squeaker for talking with me in IM. That helped me greatly to understand what I was doing incorrectly and also he told me of other programs I needed. Huge thanks to Mr. Grim. I can now change the colors of the spellcase and save them as a bmp. Now I have to try to figure out how to convert them into bam. But, this is something I really want to try to do on my own. from all the other how tos out here. Again, Thank you so much Grim Squeaker, your patience and understanding of the problems I was having has made it a joy to try to correct them.

No longer Lost in Confusion :p

Archived