Evil ladies need their love too!

Guest Dark Hime

Guest Dark Hime

It just occurred to me that males have the choice of three alignments i.e Shar Teel (Evil), Branwen (Neutral) and Dynaher (Good), howeve the ladies do not get the same choice. I realise that Coran's alignment does change if you choose certain paths, however some of us evil ladies don't want to have to convert men to our devilish ways :)

Is there any possibility of getting an evil dude romance? Eldoth or Edwin I think would make great romances, especially given the fact that Eldoth is kind of involved with Skie (the PC could plot to kill her while Eldoth isn't looking :)) and I know there is a Edwin romance for BG2.

Great mod by the way I really enjoyed it!

CN Coran does lean very strongly towards evil. As an evil PC you have a chance to actually corrupt the man and do some no-kidding evil things if you go that way. I always regarded it as an evil option, seeing a female PC as a winner in the romance count in BG1NPC.

Various romances were thought of but not implemented (Eldoth, Edwin and Xzar among them; you can still see some flirting in Edwin's PC talks that were to become the inklings of the romance, and some dialogues for Xzar were initially written for his romance). We developped 5 out of 6 romances simultaneously during the Phase III, and atm, no new romantic material is planned to be written in the confines of BG1NPC. And nothing else is written or planned to be written, to be honest. The team is pretty much dissassembled, with Cmorgan and Andyr working on bugs and polish. The goal is to have the mod finalized and TRA'ified.

Plus, looking at the poll (Romance Poll) the evil romance for a male PC is not exactly soaring with the players. Romance is a big undertaking, writing and coding-wise, so you either have to have a huge fan-base fueled motivation or a very strong personal author/coder commitment to venture there.

The good news is that it is easy to produce a romance separately with some attention to logical and coding compatibility, if someone really wants to.

Guest Dark Hime

Fair enough, I understand that it probably isn't at the top of your list of things to do. But perhaps the group who did the Edwin BG2 romance could be persuaded to do Edwin BG1? Similar to the way in which a separate group carried on Xan's romance into BG2 at pocketplane.net

Actually, Kulyok who wrote Xan's romance for BG1, also wrote romance for BG2. It is always better when ther same author does the work on a continuing project. In case of Edwin, Merja was the author who developed Edwin for BG1NPC, and her portrail is quite different from what was done in the BG2 mod. Again, there is no further romantic development planned. There is just not enough player base support and resources.

No, this one actually seriously did not work out, conflicting with a number of Hendryk's conceptual stuff for Xzar, though some quite enjoyable texts were produced. It just had troubles advancing further, w/o breaking the char. NOT a good thing, especially not for one of the most original and mind-blowing chars written for BG1NPC. I am the first in line to read as many of Xzar's dialogues as could be had, but the romance is just not there.

Archived