[changed] Alicorn Lance/Questions

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Alright first thing I like to say is I really like how you guys have added new content to Baldur's Gate II and making the game more enjoyable.

As for my question is that why is Alicorn Lance listed as a 3rd level priest spell when it is a 2nd level spell? I'm asking this more because the PnP spell is listed as 2nd level. Also, I installed this the Lost Crossroads Spellpack which recommended that install the Cleric remix which became the Divine Remix and I'm just wondering why some of the spells for the classes get modded while others don't. ie. Druid.

Well thanks for answers.

While the 3rd Edition pnp version of Alicorn Lance is 2nd level (I assume your source is the Silver Marches web enhancement, right?), the 2nd Edition incarnation is 3rd level (see the Powers & Pantheons sourcebook).

Since BG2 uses the 2E rules... :)

Guest Guest

Are you sure about that. I just checked and I got both the Complete Priest Spell Compendium and Powers & Pantheons sourcebooks. And they both say 2nd level. This are granted by the goddess Lurue. I think you guys may have made a mistake. (scratches head) I can provide the soure material if guys like for verification. Now I'm trying to stir up anything bad or anything.

Turns out we're both right :).

If you read the Alicorn Lance description on p. 40 of P&P, it does indeed say it's a 2nd level spell. However, if you look in appendix 3: spell list in the same book, it says that Alicorn Lance is a 3rd level spell.

Guest Guest

Heh, must be a typo then. If you check out the Priest's Spell Compendium it says in the appendices on the where is says spells list by worlds you see the spell being listed as a 2nd level spell. But I can't say that either of us technically is wrong though.

Considering a Druid has virtually no useful 2nd level spells, is there any reason why Alicorn Lance needed to be put into the already somewhat overloaded 3rd level??

And if there's anyone else out there who feels the same as I do, but is somewhat handier with mods than I am... is there a mod out there that can move this spell into 2nd level to give a 'caster' Druid a 'fighting' chance??

Seraph74 :blush:

It would be inconsiderate to mod someone else's mod without permission.

I'm definitely from the school that doesn't believe this. It's your game, you should have the experience you want with it. :blush:

If you're willing to download DLTCP or Near Infintiy and a halfway decent text editor though, I can explain how you can change the mod yourself :hm:

By all means. The tricky bit would be that you'll also need to modify the CLABs so that it is given to your druid at level three instead of five (or use SK for this bit). If you're playing BG2 where you start at level >= 5, you'll only need to modify the spell level.

Archived