new mods to check out for entire saga?

Lemernis

For BG2, I recommend BG2 Unfinished Business, Ding0's Quest Pack, Divine Remix, Song and Silence, and selected components of the G3 Tweak Pack.  To continue the "BG1 flavour" in the sequel, you might want to give the Kivan and Xan mods a try.

I see that Divine Remix and Song and Silence change both BG1 and BG2. Do I then install them to C:\Programs\BaldursGate Tutu?

But it looks like the Quest Pack is for BG2 alone. Do I uninstall that to the BG2 folder? Or the BaldursGate Tutu folder?

Edit: If it's Tutu in addition to BG2 I would think it has to be installed to the Tutu folder, so that's what I'll do. I guess somehow Easy Tutu will modify the BG2 mod as well?

Re-edit: Hmm, I'm getting error messages on installation of Divine Remix to C:\Programs\BaldursGate Tutu. So I guess my assumption was incorrect? I'll wait to hear what you guys advise before proceeding.

I don't use EasyTutu, as my current Tutu installations are working fine, but if it puts the BG1 material in a separate file as the above posts suggest then you'll need to install Divine Remix and Song & Silence in both your BG1 and BG2 folders. Any mod which is specific to one of the games (Quest Pack, most NPC mods) will only need to be installed in the relevant folder.

Problems with Divine Remix installation aren't uncommon. I suggest looking in the DR area in the forums. The way that I've found that will work is to install the DR mod one component at a time, and taking a backup of my Override folder, dialog.tlk and other critical files before starting.

Archived