game crashing

Lemernis

This is odd. I wonder if the order in which I've played the game is causing a crash...

After roaming the countryside a bit to gain some levels and loot, I completed the Nashkel mines. I claimed my reward from the Nahkel mayor.

I then undertook Durlag's Tower, defeated the demon knight.

Probably not an important detail: but I had forgotten to fight Nimbul after claiming my reward from Berrun Gatskil. But once Durlag's was completed, and I returned to Nashkel, I did encounter Nimbul.

Anyway, to resume with the plotline I then proceeded to Beregost, and encountered Tranzig.

After defeating Tranzig, I tried leaving Beregost for the SotM map and the game crashed.

Now both the quicksave before speaking with Tranzig, and the autosave from trying to leave Beregost, crash the game.

I noticed that the Bandit Camp did not appear on the map--though Larswood did (I had only been to Pelvdale prior).

The last archived save I have before that was prior to the battle with the demon knight at the end of Durlag's--that save loads okay.

I'm using (in this order):

* BG/ToSC

* SoA/ToB

* correct patches for both games

* Baldurdash Fix Pack for both BG1 and BG2

* Tutu Tweaks

* BG1 NPC Banter Pack

* 1PP item graphics and BAMs

* Ladejarl's GUI

* I think the core scripts of Divine Remix installed, but I aborted the effort to install the entire mod due to errors

I guess I'll have to go back and replay the battle with the demon knight. But any suggestions about what to do afterward, though? Perhaps avoid the Tranzig encounter, and just go right to Teven to get to the Bandit Camp?

Ah thanks, I do remember seeing that when I first looked over Easy Tutu, but by the time the game got rolling I had forgotten.

I replayed from the Durlag's save and from then on made archived saves religiously upon leaving Durlag's, returning to Nashkel, leaving Nashkel, entering Beregost, leaving Beregost, arriving at the first map outside Beregost, etc.

I did get crashes when I tried to go to the SotM from Beregost. However I did not crash when I went instead to High Hedge. Likewise, I crashed when I went directly from High Hedge to Ulgoth's Beard. But I did not crash when I went instead directly from High Hedge to the zombie farm.

Anyway, hopefully I did correctly what the Known Issues perscribes:

1) saved prior to entering Beregost (in Nashkel)

2) entered Beregost

3) saved upon arriving at High Hedge, after leaving Beregost

4) reloaded the High Hedge save

5) re-entered Beregost

6) saved upon arriving at the zombie farm, after leaving Beregost

7) reloaded the zombie farm save and continued the game

Hello -

I did get crashes when I tried to go to the SotM from Beregost.  However I did not crash when I went instead to High Hedge.  Likewise, I crashed when I went directly from High Hedge to Ulgoth's Beard.  But I did not crash when I went instead directly from High Hedge to the zombie farm. 

This sort of thing is why this bug persists. It's really hard to get a handle on what the hell is going on, and precisely what in-game occurrence triggers the corruption.

1) saved prior to entering Beregost (in Nashkel)

2) entered Beregost

3) saved upon arriving at High Hedge, after leaving Beregost

4) reloaded the High Hedge save

5) re-entered Beregost

If #5 in the steps above is a success, then reload the High Hedge save again and continue on your way. The point of that last Beregost reentry is to make sure it is possible without crashing.

Archived