Anomen and AoE

So what exactly is it that causes the CTD? From the posts it looks like equiping Anomen with the sling he starts with will do this. Will equiping any sling cause a CTD? Can the AoE weapons for all be used and then you just have to give Anomen sword points as he levels up? Are there similar problems with the Viconia and Keldorn components of AoE? I'm in the middle of an install having already installed AoE but would like to use BG2F as well.

So what exactly is it that causes the CTD?  From the posts it looks like equiping Anomen with the sling he starts with will do this.  Will equiping any sling cause a CTD?  Can the AoE weapons for all be used and then you just have to give Anomen sword points as he levels up?  Are there similar problems with the Viconia and Keldorn components of AoE?  I'm in the middle of an install having already installed AoE but would like to use BG2F as well.

What's going on here is that we move Anomen's sling to a weapon slot. AoE, expecting the sling to be in inventory, simply replaces it with a crossbow. Unfortunately, that now means Anomen has a two-handed weapon equipped along with a shield, which causes the crash.

So no, nothing else from AoE is affected--it's just this very specific set of events that can lead to this.

Can you give instructions to install the fixpack and preserve AoEs Anomen changes so Margrave can use both?

I'm tempted to say just copy the AoE Anomen CREs somewhere safe, install the fixpack, and then move the CREs back to the override, but you probably can't do that in Windows. :p

I'm in the middle of an install having already installed AoE but would like to use BG2F as well.
It's very much appreciated if you do.

If you have Shadowkeeper, just install both mods. Before playing the game, use Shadowkeeper.

Go to View > Creature Browser. Click the 'Resource' column to sort the creatures by filename.

Open anomen6 and go to the inventory tab. Here you can remove the crossbow or move it to inventory.

Repeat with anomen7, anomen8, anomen9, and anomen10. anomen12 is only available in ToB and doesn't have this issue anyway, so no need to alter it.

Thanks for the Anomen fix Cam. As a possible compatiblity fix could you guys just leave him barehanded? You do meet him in the Copper Coronet so it's reasonable to expect he wouldn't have a weapon drawn. Actually I have that gripe about a number of NPC's that come with stuff equiped that doesn't really fit the circumstances. One thing I liked about Neverwinter Nights was that some of the non-joinable NPC's would complain if you had steel drawn and not talk to you.

But I just looked at the readme again and paraphrasing it says to install in place Baldurdash near the very beginning. Can it be installed near the end? Currently I have all the duplicated items except Rogue Rebalancing installed.

The only things I have left to install besides the fixpack are DefJam, world map, and GUI selector. So if anyone happens to know I'd really appreciate a quick response so I can get to playing.

Thanx

Thanks for the Anomen fix Cam.  As a possible compatiblity fix could you guys just leave him barehanded?  You do meet him in the Copper Coronet so it's reasonable to expect he wouldn't have a weapon drawn.  Actually I have that gripe about a number of NPC's that come with stuff equiped that doesn't really fit the circumstances.  One thing I liked about Neverwinter Nights was that some of the non-joinable NPC's would complain if you had steel drawn and not talk to you.

He already has a mace equipped, so a weapon is already drawn--we simply move the sling from inventory to a secondary weapon slot. We do this for a number of creatures already, as AI scripts often have provisions for creatures to swap between melee and ranged weapons. This was a common creature patch and we didn't feel that joinable NPCs should be an exception. The long-term solution is for AoE to add the crossbow to inventory instead of equipped.

But I just looked at the readme again and paraphrasing it says to install in place Baldurdash near the very beginning.  Can it be installed near the end?  Currently I have all the duplicated items except Rogue Rebalancing installed.

The Fixpack could be OK going later, but it's not been tested at all in that fashion.

I just tried to install the fixpack at the end of my mega install and it failed. I was going to attach the debug file but I can't see how to add an attachment here, so who do I email it to?

On the Anomen sling/crossbow problem, do you know if the people at PPG are working on this? The last time I read the AoE stuff it didn't sound like they were likely to put out a new version anytime soon.

I just tried to install the fixpack at the end of my mega install and it failed.  I was going to attach the debug file but I can't see how to add an attachment here, so who do I email it to?

Email it to me at webmaster@gibberlings3.net.

On the Anomen sling/crossbow problem, do you know if the people at PPG are working on this?  The last time I read the AoE stuff it didn't sound like they were likely to put out a new version anytime soon.

Ghreyfain's had access to the workroom for over a year, so this shouldn't have been a suprise... :)

Archived