Couple of suggestions for new fixes

Bex

I've had a look around and there are a couple of things on my is-it-a-bug? list that I can't find any mention of here.

Here, it's observed that Malaaq the genie never seems to give any item other than the Sword of Chaos, though he's reportedly meant to do so. A friend of mine found some code a while ago that indicates perhaps something is or was meant to be happening with Malaaq before the initial cutscene begins, as shown here. I don't know if this would be considered a bug, Unfinished Business, a kind-of cool thing to implement, or not worth messing with, but there it is.

The same guy (Nibby) sent me a message a while ago regarding another possible broken script. I'm not sure if this is enough info to work with, but here's the text of the PM:

Heya, I was fiddling with some scripts for the Epic Battle mod thingie, and I bumped into a script that was broken. Maybe you can inform some guys so that they can look into it for their fixpack?

I suggest Line #13 in script CHALDIE.bcs (Throne of Bhaal) is changed from !Dead("yself)" to !Dead("bonebld").

I am probably a bad person for not forwarding this stuff sooner. C'est la vie.

I also recently picked up a level 13 Cernd with some BG1-style proficiencies (like Bow) in addition to his BG2 ones. Since I only intended to keep him briefly, I didn't bother to check if he had the right number of normal pips.

Thanks for all the hard work guys. We love you for it.

Here, it's observed that Malaaq the genie never seems to give any item other than the Sword of Chaos, though he's reportedly meant to do so. A friend of mine found some code a while ago that indicates perhaps something is or was meant to be happening with Malaaq before the initial cutscene begins, as shown here. I don't know if this would be considered a bug, Unfinished Business, a kind-of cool thing to implement, or not worth messing with, but there it is.
I don't favor using the final import 2DA for Malaaq. They created it, but it seems purposely unused, and I assume the intent was to simply always have the player get the sword (possibly because of its background). UB could easily let Malaaq use the 2DA (it already defaults to the sword of chaos, so it'd only be a minor update to the AR0602 script and Malaaq's CRE file), but I wouldn't consider it a bug.

The same guy (Nibby) sent me a message a while ago regarding another possible broken script. I'm not sure if this is enough info to work with, but here's the text of the PM:
Heya, I was fiddling with some scripts for the Epic Battle mod thingie, and I bumped into a script that was broken. Maybe you can inform some guys so that they can look into it for their fixpack?

I suggest Line #13 in script CHALDIE.bcs (Throne of Bhaal) is changed from !Dead("yself)" to !Dead("bonebld").

All buggy Dead() triggers are already resolved. You'd be surprised by the number of scripts where BioWare used Dead() incorrectly.

I also recently picked up a level 13 Cernd with some BG1-style proficiencies (like Bow) in addition to his BG2 ones. Since I only intended to keep him briefly, I didn't bother to check if he had the right number of normal pips.
Cernd is worth checking; I'm inclined to believe this a mod issue, since I've never heard of it before, but it may very well be a game bug (given the popularity of Cernd and all).

I am probably a bad person for not forwarding this stuff sooner. C'est la vie.

Thanks for all the hard work guys. We love you for it.

Always be forwarding anything that looks fishy. I promise we love you more. :)
I don't favor using the final import 2DA for Malaaq. They created it, but it seems purposely unused, and I assume the intent was to simply always have the player get the sword (possibly because of its background). UB could easily let Malaaq use the 2DA (it already defaults to the sword of chaos, so it'd only be a minor update to the AR0602 script and Malaaq's CRE file), but I wouldn't consider it a bug.

Concur.

All buggy Dead() triggers are already resolved. You'd be surprised by the number of scripts where BioWare used Dead() incorrectly.

Yes, this is already fixed. One of the first things we tackled was the massive number of script and dialogue errors reported by Near Infinity (something like 2000 or so); chaldie.bcs is one of the many.

Cernd is worth checking; I'm inclined to believe this a mod issue, since I've never heard of it before, but it may very well be a game bug (given the popularity of Cernd and all).

Confirmed; cernd13b has some BG profs set. BG2 profs are good; added to the existing Cernd patch.

// highest level cernds missing their override script, removing BG profs
COPY_EXISTING ~cernd13.cre~  ~override~
             ~cernd13b.cre~ ~override~
 WRITE_BYTE  0x6e 0
 WRITE_BYTE  0x6f 0
 WRITE_BYTE  0x70 0
 WRITE_BYTE  0x75 0
 WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~CERND~ #8
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Cheers.

Archived