BG2 fixpack and BGT/UB problems

Hey All,

I got most of the way through a mega install only to have BP 177 crap out and not install for me. Turns out that there is a conflict with the Glacias Charm fix from the fixpack and both UB and BP. Wanted you guys to know about it as I'm stuck with starting fresh (yet again, but isn't this what we live for :) )

Quoting Erebusant at Spellhold Forums

Margrave, the AR1303 error is caused by the Glacias "charm" fix in the BG2 Fixpack. It also causes a parse error in the "Restored Minor Dialogs" component of Unfinished Business, although it doesn't completely choke off that install. If you open the BG2 Fixpack .tp2, and do a search for AR1303 you'll find the section for that particular fix. It's only several lines in the .tp2. Delete those lines and close and save the .tp2. Re-install BG2 Fixpack and BP and UB both install with no problems. Unfortunately, it means rolling your install back to the beginning to do it, however.

Yeah, just saw your post. From my post at PPG:

UB's Glacias charm fix in Restored Minor Dialogues is from the Fixpack, but it'll choke when installed more than once since I didn't properly safeguard my code. Two options: detect the Fixpack and don't modify ar1303.bcs, or use a more robust patch (I suggest the latter):

// fixes Glacias charm issue
COPY_EXISTING ~ar1303.bcs~ ~override~
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
   REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~[^,]ApplySpell("kpglai01",WIZARD_TRUE_DISPEL_MAGIC)~
                     ~ActionOverride("kpglai01",ApplySpell("kpglai01",FORCE_DISPEL_MAGIC))~
   REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~[^,]ChangeEnemyAlly("kpglai01",NEUTRAL)~
                     ~ActionOverride("kpglai01",ChangeEnemyAlly("kpglai01",NEUTRAL))~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

The component still installs, but will report an error. It will also completely nuke the script.

I don't have BP handy so I can't tell you what the issue is right saway--check your email. :)

Oh, I'm copying below the error message from BP177 relating to this that prevented it from installing. Hopefully that will help.

[bPv177/SNIP/bAR1303.BCS] loaded, 3224 bytes

[bPv177/SNIP/bAR1303.BCS] parsed

[./override/AR1303.BCS] loaded, 1455 bytes

[AR1303.BCS] LEXER ERROR at line 1 column 0-1

Near Text: IF

invalid keyword [iF]

[AR1303.BCS] ERROR at line 1 column 0-1

Near Text: IF

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [AR1303.BCS]: Parsing.Parse_error

Stopping installation because of error.

Yeah, just saw your post. From my post at PPG:

UB's Glacias charm fix in Restored Minor Dialogues is from the Fixpack, but it'll choke when installed more than once since I didn't properly safeguard my code. Two options: detect the Fixpack and don't modify ar1303.bcs, or use a more robust patch (I suggest the latter):

// fixes Glacias charm issue
COPY_EXISTING ~ar1303.bcs~ ~override~
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
   REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~[^,]ApplySpell("kpglai01",WIZARD_TRUE_DISPEL_MAGIC)~
                     ~ActionOverride("kpglai01",ApplySpell("kpglai01",FORCE_DISPEL_MAGIC))~
   REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~[^,]ChangeEnemyAlly("kpglai01",NEUTRAL)~
                     ~ActionOverride("kpglai01",ChangeEnemyAlly("kpglai01",NEUTRAL))~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

The component still installs, but will report an error. It will also completely nuke the script.

I don't have BP handy so I can't tell you what the issue is right saway--check your email. :)

Cam,

I'll e-mail you the bAR1303.bcs file from the BPv177\SNIP directory when I get home tonite.

This is actually completely unreleated to BP or BGT.

Both folks reporting the issue had installed UB, specifically 'Restored Minor Dialogues', which corrupts ar1303.bcs when with the Fixpack. That is, installing this UB component after the Fixpack will ruin ar1303.bcs but WeiDU will only note the error and continue on its merry way.

BP is just doing a standard EXTEND, nothing fancy. It dies on the error, though, because the previous UB-Fixpack interaction has corrupted ar1303.bcs. Pretty much ayn mod which touches ar1303.bcs after its been corrupted should report a fatal error here.

In short, don't use 'Restored Minor Dialogues' from UB until they get a chance to incorporate the revised code. As a workaround, you can comment out the ar1303 lines from either UB or the Fixpack--both work fine independently; it's only when both are applied that errors occur. Long-term, I've submitted the fix and it should make it into the next release of UB.

This is actually completely unreleated to BP or BGT.

Both folks reporting the issue had installed UB, specifically 'Restored Minor Dialogues', which corrupts ar1303.bcs when with the Fixpack. That is, installing this UB component after the Fixpack will ruin ar1303.bcs but WeiDU will only note the error and continue on its merry way.

BP is just doing a standard EXTEND, nothing fancy. It dies on the error, though, because the previous UB-Fixpack interaction has corrupted ar1303.bcs. Pretty much ayn mod which touches ar1303.bcs after its been corrupted should report a fatal error here.

In short, don't use 'Restored Minor Dialogues' from UB until they get a chance to incorporate the revised code. As a workaround, you can comment out the ar1303 lines from either UB or the Fixpack--both work fine independently; it's only when both are applied that errors occur. Long-term, I've submitted the fix and it should make it into the next release of UB.

Never mind my last post from a minute ago!! :)

Archived