Creature just won't die

Guest Eplebit

Guest Eplebit

I'm not sure if this is a bug with your patch or not (I don't have the resourses to debug it properly), as I have lots of mods installed at the moment (taken from icelus' list on pocketplanegroup, except that I use your fixpack instead of baldurash), but I think there's a fair chance it is. It would be nice if one of you could look into it.

Version: ToB

Mods: Hell of a lot... (can give the complete list if needed)

Problem: I've so far in my game encountered two enemies that just can't be killed. The first one was an enemy in the starting dungeon, who I couldn't hurt. He didn't do anything to kill me either though, so I just ignored him. Can't remember the name thoug, and I'm not sure if I should be able to kill him, but it all seemed a bit strange with him standing there being immortal and doing nothing....

The second one was a bit worse. After I open the drawbridge in Nalia's keep, some trolls and such appear in the courtyard. After I kill them I can go into the keep again, and two guards are fighting a troll there. The problem is that the troll just won't die. I get him donwn to "Near death", but after that nothing happens. He won't go unconceous on the floor no matter how much I damage him, and it doesn't matter how much acid or fire I throw at him. He just won't die...

I'm not sure what's going on with the enemy in Irenicus' dungeon, but I know that even in vanilla games, trolls will sometimes not fall down into their semi-dead state, especially if you are hitting them too fast, it doesn't give the scripts time to catch up.

If you have a savegame, you can try fighting the troll again, and when it gets near dropping, pull everyone off it but your main tank to do the final blows. If it still won't fall down, then it's likely to be something more serious.

The second one was a bit worse. After I open the drawbridge in Nalia's keep, some trolls and such appear in the courtyard. After I kill them I can go into the keep again, and two guards are fighting a troll there. The problem is that the troll just won't die. I get him donwn to "Near death", but after that nothing happens. He won't go unconceous on the floor no matter how much I damage him, and it doesn't matter how much acid or fire I throw at him. He just won't die...

OK, I see the issue here. The trolls had the wrong "I'm unkillable" item equipped (minhp1, should be monhp1), which we fix. When the guards spawn to fight these two trolls, the script removes this item so that the guards (or the party) can kill them--but we didn't update the script to address the item change.

Thanks for the report, I'll fix this for the next release. As for the CI issue, there's not a lot I can investigate without more details.

Guest Guest

OK, I see the issue here. The trolls had the wrong "I'm unkillable" item equipped (minhp1, should be monhp1), which we fix. When the guards spawn to fight these two trolls, the script removes this item so that the guards (or the party) can kill them--but we didn't update the script to address the item change.

Thanks for the report, I'll fix this for the next release. As for the CI issue, there's not a lot I can investigate without more details.

im the one reporting troll problem on bp forum

so what am i going suppose to do now to be able to cintinue game??

CamDawg, what's the CRE file(s) that need to be fixed, so I can change it in DLTCEP for my game?

Guest Guest_Lasivern_*

I wonder if the IC monster they are referring to as unkillable is the Jailkeep Golem? That's the one that requires a magical blunt weapon to damage and which also doesn't ever go "red", so perhaps that is what they are referring to?

The sewage golem, of course, is meant to be unkillable; I asume its that way so that it won't get killed before opening the doors that allow the PC and Immy to progress through the dungeon.....

Guest Guest

Eh, forget the first one, the one in the starting dungeon. That was totaly my own fault and not a bug :suspect:

Hmm, in my desperation I did a clean install and used the baldurdash fixpack instead, andt the encounter in Nalia's keep worked fine. I did get some unkillable trolls in Boo's quest in unfinished buissness though, but I found a work-around.

Now my new question is... If that was the only time in the game that bug will happen, and as I've read it fixes a lot of other problems, should I try to install the G3 Fix Pack again? Can I continue from where I left with Baldurdash, or would it bring up some new problems? And should I do a clean install and install every mod again? I use quite a few, and G3 Fix Pack should maybe installed first?

Guest Guest
Eh, forget the first one, the one in the starting dungeon. That was totaly my own fault and not a bug :suspect:

Hmm, in my desperation I did a clean install and used the baldurdash fixpack instead, andt the encounter in Nalia's keep worked fine. I did get some unkillable trolls in Boo's quest in unfinished buissness though, but I found a work-around.

Now my new question is... If that was the only time in the game that bug will happen, and as I've read it fixes a lot of other problems, should I try to install the G3 Fix Pack again? Can I continue from where I left with Baldurdash, or would it bring up some new problems? And should I do a clean install and install every mod again? I use quite a few, and G3 Fix Pack should maybe installed first?

Frankly, after many different configurations/fresh uninstalls/reinstalls, etc I've decided I'd stick with Baldurdash as I've found the fixpack to be way too buggy in general, with several problems aside from the unkillable trolls that I didn't have with Baldurdash, especially with other mods installed after the fixpack.

Fixpack should definitely be installed first as noted in the readme. Outside of the unkillable trolls I don't think we've encountered any other game-breaking bugs so far.

Frankly, after many different configurations/fresh uninstalls/reinstalls, etc I've decided I'd stick with Baldurdash as I've found the fixpack to be way too buggy in general, with several problems aside from the unkillable trolls that I didn't have with Baldurdash, especially with other mods installed after the fixpack.

We are at a beta now, and this is essentially why. If you've encountered other troubles besides the trolls we'd love to hear about them so we can get them addressed.

Archived