This and Tutusounds

cvieor

The BG1 NPC Music Pack (optional) is available as a separate download for The BG1 NPC Project due to its size. It adds background music for the dialogues of the various NPCs. Works with both the original Tutu and BGT versions.

12,553 kb

http://www.gibberlings3.net/downloads/index.php

And yes, by all means add it to your alpha test -- it should be absolutely fine, as nothing we have been doing is touching any of this!

In theory, if everything is WeiDU, it should not matter which order you install. WeiDU is designed to work that way.

In practice, I've found it easiest to install mods which I will probably change last. In other words, if I think I might want to go back and change a romance speed or something, I would install BG1 NPC project last. I'd still probably break the dialog file because I'm an idiot. But that's the theory.

BTW--restored BG1 casting sounds is really more of a tweak. If you're looking for the ins and outs of it, you might want to look on that forum, if you have not already done so.

@ OP ("Original Poster") -- sorry for the misunderstanding -- I don't think that there will be any problem with using the Original Casting Sounds in any order.

I class that tweak in my mind as a "beginning of install" tweak, and do sometimes use it. When I do, I put it right after

EasyTutu/TutuFix/DeGreenifyer/KitPack/Spawn

and before

/BG1NPCMusic/BG1NPC/SirienesCall/TGCep1/

witha final

TutuTweaks/TutuGUI/TutuFix "Walking Speeds Component".

@EiriktheScald -- I don't remember that music triggering for Dynaheir on the Player-Initiated-Responses. I will go take a look, and post it up in the workroom to check for consistency. I know that we do want all the NPCs to match behavior!

@EiriktheScald -- I don't remember that music triggering for Dynaheir on the Player-Initiated-Responses. I will go take a look, and post it up in the workroom to check for consistency. I know that we do want all the NPCs to match behavior!

I could swear that the music played the last time I initiated a dialogue. But I don't even have that ability anymore since I didn't romance her.

I have checked, too, and found the same thing. I will keep loking for why that is happening -- and will match the behavior in other NPCs. I have posted into the workroom.

Summary: NPC's need to consistently have code for their individual music for PID responses/initiation.

Well, this one is " expected behavior -- developer intent". Where the authors of the various NPC romances (including the flirts and PID) wanted to add music, they did; where they felt it was not appropriate, they left it off.

This one falls in the category of "Feature", not "bug" :suspect: No changes will be made to this behavior in the next version.

Archived