Belt of Masculinity/Feminity Question

Guest Jaghave

Guest Jaghave

Ok here my question i made a fighter male but i've had the belt of Girdle of Masculinity/Feminity since i strap it on by mistake and i've been too cheap to dispell it, anyway since this is my first time with this mod it seems that Branwen and Dynaheir romance is taking place... i think unless it's normal for them to talk about leaving Candlekeep and my fighting ability... but at the same time imoen talking about growing a spin or how would i be able to stand up to my husband??? so is the script reading me a guy like it should be or a girl because of the belt... or is it just all wack up because of the belt?

The gender checks in Imoen's banter picks you up as a female, due to the belt. In the romances however, Gender check happens when the Match is set. If your Gender changed after the Match was set the romances continue on.

Guest Jaghave

Can you inform me where the checks take place so i can figure out if i miss it and start a new game : /

also if you can what global value do i adjust with shadowkeeper to correct it if i miss it

Uhm? Some conversations, like Imoen's have your Gender checked on the fly, when conversation occurs in the PC option; there is nothing you can do about it really, appart from taking the belt off. The matches for the romances are generally set as soon as you took a character in the party. The Globals for matches will be something like X#DynaRomanceMatch, X#BranwenRomanceMatch (if you have SK just scroll through your list of variables)... if they are at 1, then your PC qualifies for the romance. On the good side, you might qualify now for every romance in the game except for Shar's.... Just watch out for Coran if he ever joins the party.

And, as an added bonus, you would not have to worry about any romance challenges if you're romancing a male with your new identity and a female through your old one. I doubt there is a Dynaheir/Coran romance challenge, for example.

Guest Guest

ok i went thru the global and i didn't find that name on the list but i found this odd one name x#dynainforashemen 1 WTF?

I also saw x#Ajantiisromanceactive 1 which is odd since i killed him when he betray me for killing drizzit

So, the male romance matches did not get set, but instead you were eligible to romance Ajantis, if he was still alive. x#dynainforashemen is a global that tracks your progression through a particular player-initiated option, the one where you ask Dynaheir to tell you about Rashemen.

You might want to check out the Romance Guide included with the project, the matches might not have set because you did not meet some stats/alignment requirements for your character, not just your gender. But try saving and investing in taking off your belt and see if the matches would set first maybe? The new game sounds kindda drastic.

Open your main TUTU directory (BG1SoA if you are using vanilla TUTU, and I assume something like TUTU on EasyTUTU), find the subfolder BG1NPC. Inside theis subfolder will be a folder entitled RomanceGuide, which contains PDF document that describes all the romances :)

Archived