I think my romance might have stalled

Guest The Lone Badger

Guest The Lone Badger

The last Lovetalk I had from Amber was the 'thanks for trying to rescue me/more than just friends' one, and it was quite a while ago. If I talk to her and use the 'flirt' options she responds as if attracted but not wanting to show it, despite already having admitted it. Maybe I said the wrong thing, maybe I haven't hit the right trigger yet, or maybe something has jammed somewhere. What I'm wondering is if someone could tell me what the next LT looks like and what triggers it, so I know what I'm looking for. (Amber is with PC2). Thanks.

Also, a possible bug in Spellhold. When PC1 stumbled soon after arrival Amber asked what was wrong and one of the dialogue options was to ask her to hold me, despite PC1 not having anything to do with Amber normally.

The next lovetalk should trigger on it's own, when the time has expired and you're not in a dungeon. There's no special requirements (like sleep outside at night) and it should be about a bounty notice she found. If you can still flirt with her the romance is active. However the romance doesn't proceed in chapter 5. P2 is not invisible, or changed place in the party, is he?

I check what is up with the Bodhi's gauntlet/slayer interjections. There should be some for the non-romance too, but as they should be more in concerned tone not romantic.

The next lovetalk should trigger on it's own, when the time has expired and you're not in a dungeon. There's no special requirements (like sleep outside at night) and it should be about a bounty notice she found. If you can still flirt with her the romance is active. However the romance doesn't proceed in chapter 5. P2 is not invisible, or changed place in the party, is he?

Oops, I had forgotten about the bountry notice talk. What's the trigger for the one after that?

That would be the rest outside (non-city area) at night. :(

I have prepared a new click-talk option for the next release in which the PC can ask "How are you doing Amber?". Whenever the next talk has more complicated conditions than the simple 'TimerExpired' she will give a hint on what to do to trigger the next talk. In your case she would say: "I'm doing just fine, although I kind of miss seeing the stars at night. It would be nice to sleep under the open sky again. "

I have prepared a new click-talk option for the next release in which the PC can ask "How are you doing Amber?". Whenever the next talk has more complicated conditions than the simple 'TimerExpired' she will give a hint on what to do to trigger the next talk. In your case she would say: "I'm doing just fine, although I kind of miss seeing the stars at night. It would be nice to sleep under the open sky again. "

That's quite a cute idea.

P2 is not invisible, or changed place in the party, is he?

I've died a couple of times. That shouldn't count should it, since I stayed in the party (just with a gray portrait) and got ressurected?

P2 is not invisible, or changed place in the party, is he?

I've died a couple of times. That shouldn't count should it, since I stayed in the party (just with a gray portrait) and got ressurected?

No, that should not matter, but you can always check the little portraits that you see under a save game in the Load Game screen whether the P2 character is still in the second slot. The order of characters in the party should change only if the character is for some reason removed from the party and taken back in (being turned to stone is the most common cause for this).

Archived