Random bug, Amber seems to be unable to talk.

Sirick

After been in the Drow city and doing the odd major plot quest here and there, and after been commended for my rescue of Phaere by herself and then leaving the tavern, Amber comes up to me to talk but nothing happens. The music plays yet no dialogue. Whats worse is she keeps trying over and over. It happens no where but in the city its self, meaning the main outside area. Even when leaving the city or going into say the males fighting society and exiting the problem persists. Help?

After been in the Drow city and doing the odd major plot quest here and there, and after been commended for my rescue of Phaere by herself and then leaving the tavern, Amber comes up to me to talk but nothing happens. The music plays yet no dialogue. Whats worse is she keeps trying over and over. It happens no where but in the city its self, meaning the main outside area. Even when leaving the city or going into say the males fighting society and exiting the problem persists. Help?

Could you please send us a save game in which this problem occurs, so that we can take a look at the values the variables and try to find the talk that is not triggering as it should. You can send the files to <amber@welho.net>.

Is there anything that can be done for the saved game oh great masters?

Meira will be out of town until tonight and I'm currently at work, so you'll have to wait until tonight (which will be in about 8 hours from now) until we can take a look at the save game and report back.

There's a typo in the conditions of the Amber's comment to PC's flirting with Phaere. The typo is in the dialogue alternative for the PC that is romancing Amber, but the romance has not developed to the serious stage yet. When I tested the flirting comments the test PC and Amber were in the 'serious' romance, so this issue never came up.

The easiest thing you can do is to take an earlier save and not have your PC flirt with Phaere.

Thanks for reporting.

Archived