Turkish translation

sadun

That is a very ambitious project--good luck. :) You may want to contact Ana (Immortality) over at Clan DLAN. They've done some very large Spanish translation projects, and may be able to help you out with some organizational tips and whatnot.

Thanks we will do our best currently we have a team of 7. By the way i have some technical question. Hope you can help us

1- How can we change characterset of the game as i think current characterset doesnt support special turkish characters. Other language translators should have changed characterset as well. Or am i mistaken?

2- After translation finished which is the best way changing dialog.tlk or weiduising is possible?

Thanks in advance

2- After translation finished which is the best way changing dialog.tlk or weiduising is possible?

There's really only two benefits to using WeiDU here instead of distributing a new .tlk file:

• It can be uninstalled, or updated for in-progress, modded games
  • WeiDU-ing it would allow you to keep all strings as a text file, which may (or may not) be easier than the tools you're using to directly alter the tlk file

The first point isn't really an issue as there won't be any Turkish language mods until you're done. As for point two, if it's easier to directly alter the tlk file you can easily generate a WeiDU mod from a completed tlk file with a single WeiDU command--it's really only a question of which is easier for you to develop.

Archived