Minor Bug in Fixpack found

Hello,

please correct the following BAF:

// Ketlaar Argrim and his bodyguards go away from the Council building if he's imprisoned

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ar1002.bcs~ ~bg2fixpack/baf/ar1002.baf~

I had to change “MGKETBG1†and “MGKETBG2†(these are the two, you will have to fight on imprisioning Argrim) with “BODYG2†and oncemore “BODYG2†(these are the two that are with him in Government House) in my game, that I am fixing by hand based on the fixpack... - nothing serious though... :)

Regards

Roana

Cam, I have send you a PM with a question relatet to the TP2 a few days ago... - have you received it?

These are (or should be) the script names we assign them in the area definition (I think; I've changed them so many times locally that I have no idea at which point they got added to the fixpack).

Hello,

I haven't found such a fix in that area in the TP2, until I reached this fix... - can you explain, what you exatly mean?

But well, I will make a quick search through the TP2 with that area now... :)

Thanks

Roana

These are (or should be) the script names we assign them in the area definition (I think; I've changed them so many times locally that I have no idea at which point they got added to the fixpack).

Hello,

I haven't found such a fix in that area in the TP2, until I reached this fix... - can you explain, what you exatly mean?

Forget this, I have found the area fix (30 sides later) :)

But I will not implement this, as these to NPC (“MGKETBG1†and “MGKETBG2â€Â) are only there, to fight and die, and have an empty dialogfile. The other two in the government house have (“BODYG2†and oncemore “BODYG2â€Â) 2 sentences to say, if you talk to them :)

Regards

Roana

This simply overrides the script name of the actors. You cannot reference them both as "BODYG2," as the engine will pick only one of the actors (even with 2 DestroySelf() calls, there's still going to be one bodyguard remaining in the area).

We assign the two BODYG2 CREs unique script names so that we can destroy both of them from the area script. (We could have simply given the BODYG2 CRE a custom script, but our current method doesn't require the creation of any additional files.)

This simply overrides the script name of the actors. You cannot reference them both as "BODYG2," as the engine will pick only one of the actors (even with 2 DestroySelf() calls, there's still going to be one bodyguard remaining in the area).

We assign the two BODYG2 CREs unique script names so that we can destroy both of them from the area script. (We could have simply given the BODYG2 CRE a custom script, but this method doesn't require the creation of any additional files.)

Hello,

wow - you are quick... :)

I see - Thanks :)

Roana

We assign the two BODYG2 CREs unique script names so that we can destroy both of them from the area script. (We could have simply given the BODYG2 CRE a custom script, but our current method doesn't require the creation of any additional files.)

Wait a minute - how do you achieve this?

I want to change the script names of the 5 dead bodies in the windspear hills (all "deadb01.cre"), so they can be destroyed ("taken away") by area script. Currently I am changing the area script (using "REPLACE_TEXTUALLY") to substitute the script lines that spawns the dead bodies with spawning of "custom" dead bodies with individual DV. That means the changes only take place before that event, obviously. Is there a way to change the DV/script variable of the dead bodies so I a) do not have to replace them with other .cres and / or b ) the changes might be valid for already spawned cres? Any help would be appreciated. :)

You need to edit the area definition. Change the actor name (in the ARE) to what you'd like their script name to be and change the actor flags to override the CRE script name (it should be in the IESDP).

You can only do this with static actors (not actors spawned in by script).

You can only do this with static actors (not actors spawned in by script).
Ah, that means it wouldn't be possible, as the dead bodies are spawned by script. Thank you anyway!

Now I only have to try whether a script gets performed by these dead body .cres; then I could apply one in combination with an area check instead of replacing them.

Archived