COPY_EXISTING ~sppr105.spl~ ~override~ // Entangle // done

~sppr204.spl~ ~override~ // Charm Person or Mammal // done

~sppr208.spl~ ~override~ // Hold Person // done

snip

~spwi922.spl~ ~override~ // Dragon's Breath // done

~spwi925.spl~ ~override~ // Comet // done

PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71) BEGIN

READ_BYTE 0x19 "flags"

WRITE_BYTE 0x19 ("%flags%" BOR 0b00000100)

END

BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

*/

Well, if you fix all these at offset 0x18 instead of 0x19, it will work fine, as the flags in spells are at offset 0x18. I guess, it was just a little typo with - hm - great consequences for you during testing :)

Regards

Roana

Yeah, the hostility flag is EVIL. I can't even remember what my final solution was. I'll probably have to review all of it soon enough. :)

Hello :),

May be, you have had it first installed with the false hex-offset mentioned above? And after this searched a better solution?

It would be fine, if you could remember your final solution anyway, so that I could implement it too ;) .

But I know well, how you feel, as it is for me the same thing: every year once, I want to play the game again and begin with the thoughts "What the hell, have I done last year?" or "How have I done this.... 'thinking...'...??", before I can go on to fix a bit more (before my new beginning game) ;)

Regards

Roana

(My be someone will know this old thing from TV :D :"Same procedure as last year, Madam?" - "Same procedure as _every_ year, James!")

Archived