Monks using items they shouldn't be able to

Guest Guest

I couldn't find any threads where these were mentioned but monks can use Metaspell Influence Amulet, Gloves of Pickpocketing, Boots of Elevenkind(seems reasonable but not in description), and Potion of Master Thievery.

It seems monks are tied in with thieves and bards(judging from previous items that were fixed). So I imagine there are other items they can use but shouldn't be able to. Also bard are able to use items the only say mage in the description but that is probably an error in the descriptions.

Monk flags are still a complete mess. ;) Thanks, these four items will be unusable by monks for the next release.

Hello,

keep in mind: monks and wildmages were very late added classes (coming with ToB) and have had not that long testing time, than the other classes by Bioware ;).

Bards (and also thieves in higher levels) have in the P&P game, this PC-game is based on, the innate ability to "figure out how to use something by association with all the things they have heard in the storys, they tell (or sing, if they are songs)" or for thieves in higher levels it is the ability to "remember all their experience (bad and good) with the things, they have had in their hands (just as they are curios all time for new things) and figure out, how something works, by association with these "experiences" and additional the rumors, they hear, that the fighters, mages, etc. are not interested in". So both can often use something, they shouldn't (from the fighters or mages sight, but they are not so often in taverns...:D ) as to spell spells from scrolls for example (a thief should can do this at level 10, but with often unexpected effects :) ).

This is the roleplaying background for the high-levels abilities for e.g. thieves to "use every thing and every weapon, as they would have learned it".

Remember: this is a first roleplaying game, developed by roleplayer for rolplayer - not only a list of items, spells, abilities, etc., although these are nessecary, to get this game in a PC-programm :p

Just wanted to say this once - and I guess, in this thread, it could fit :)

Regards

Roana

(In my opinion, the Fixpack should fix real bugs at the first place, not disable possibilities to abuse something in the game. People, who abuse things wherever it is possible, have not understand the game - but its only my humbly opinion at least.)

I would argue in favor of allowing monks to use the boots of elvenkind because every other class with stealth ability is able to use it. It seems only logical that a monk would also be able to use the boots.

Archived