Help a brotha who put in modding time for da people!

DevArrah

Can I run BG1 + ToSC? PS:T? Anyone with any experience running the older IE games on state o' the art rig?
My only complaint about running them on a newer machine is if you have a widescreen monitor or laptop, the horizontal distortion is rather annoying. Though with BG1/Tutu you can "unlock" the graphics display in bgconfig.exe to 1024x768 and run it in windowed mode with a black desktop... then it isn't so annoying.

If you're playing *really* older games, you may need a utility (like moslo) to slow down the CPU, but that shouldn't be an issue with BG etc.

Any suggestions where I could buy 'em legit and modestly cheap?
I assume you took care of this by now, but you can get BG2-ToB on Amazon for US$8 or less. For some reason BG1 and PS:T are a lot more, though I remember getting them for a lot less a while back (maybe the price is appreciating with age :p). I heard Bioware's BG1+2 DVD rerelease has some serious QA issues so I'd shy away from that.
Any problems running any of modding progs on my machine
DLTCEP, NI, et al. should work just fine.
Anyhoo, I purchased one of those sweet, sweet new mac laptops that can also boot windows (a necessary evil for work).
I've been thinking of getting one of those... any good? No problems with running Windows on it (aside from the usual ones)? Now if you could resize the partitions and also triple-boot Linux, that would be the bomb. :p
Also, any interest in me surrendering my code for IRE? Website wise, I'm a man without a country and it maybe of some interest to future generations. I wrote IRE in a very oop way and I wrote it with easy extensibility and GemRB in mind so it might pique some interest.
Maybe G3 should've taken him up on his offer to have it hosted here, since the previous links (http://ire.mainecoon.net/) (http://loriel.quixjote.com/) seem to be down.

I did find a copy here, but what's with the crappy reviews?

Archived