Sounds for non-joinable NPCs

berelinde

No, not per se ... you can se them in NI or DLTCEP. Hold on though - let me see what I can do...

OK, I have generated a list of soundsets by .cre using an edit of Macready's Soundset Utility, and attached it here. The list is not all of the .cres available, just the ones copied over in Tutu designated by "_" at the beginning. Macready's tool already does not include output from .cres with no assigned sounds.

To generate your own, you need to edit the Soundset.tp2. If you don't want specific .cres, replace Macready's format with

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^_.+\.cre$~   ~override/macdummy.cre~

(Thanks, Nythrun, see, I do learn!!!)

or, if you are willing to wait for a long, long time and get every .cre soundset parsed use

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.cre$~   ~override/macdummy.cre~

I played around with the output so it could be used to copy/paste into the tp2 of your mod. You will probably want to remove some of the print commands and

It is parsed as

Reading strings for _17_FTWB.CRE...

Name1: Commoner

Name2: Commoner

SAY INITIAL_MEETING ~[FEMALE GREETING 10] Salutations.~ [_GENFG10]

SAY DAMAGE ~[FEMALE TOWNSFOLK 5]~ [_FTOWN05]

SAY DYING ~[FEMALE TOWNSFOLK 6]~ [_FTOWN06]

SAY SELECT_COMMON1 ~[FEMALE GREETING 10] Salutations.~ [_GENFG10]

SAY DIALOG_HOSTILE ~[TOWNSFOLK, FEMALE, BEREGOST 5 HOSTILE] Get away from me!~ []

SAY DIALOG_DEFAULT ~[FEMALE GREETING 10] Salutations.~ [_GENFG10]
Not copying [_17_FTWB.CRE] to [override/macdummy.cre/_17_FTWB.CRE] because it did not change
[./override/_18_FTWB.CRE] loaded, 1076 bytes

Caveats:

SAY DIALOG_HOSTILE ~[TOWNSFOLK, FEMALE, BEREGOST 5 HOSTILE] Get away from me!~ [] entries ike this with blank [ ] are assigned in soundset but have no actual sound. They do not need the [resref] format.

SAY DIALOG_DEFAULT ~[identifier] Text.~ [soundfile]

The SAY X_X are based on standard ids files, which match the WeiDU constants; if you use a non-standard one, you are safer using numbers.

The identifier text (unprinted comment) needs to be there, as does the sound reference, in exactly the same spacing, etc., or instead of matching the existing string WeiDU will create a new one.

I believe Baronius might be able to help with this, too, if you contact him -

cmorgan, you utterly rock ;)

The RAR is probably going to do the trick, but I'm going to bookmark the rest of the info to digest later.

I'm working on Gavin's quest, now, and those sounds are going to really help it blend. When you are used to hearing some kind of a sound when someone starts talking, silence is jarring.

If you're curious, the quests are coming along nicely. A fortuitous area conflict forced me to rethink a lot of what I had originally planned, and the result is something a little more complex and (I hope) a lot more satisfying for the player.

Archived