Interjecting into Kelddath Ormlyr's dialog

berelinde

Which will cause less trouble with Kivan's interjection, or with journal entries stemming from Bassilus quest?

I'm asking on this board despite the fact that it's more of a Modding Q&A question because it's specifically concerning BG1 NPC content.

I do not think I need to keep repeating that I am trying to stay in harmony with BG1 NPC.

Kivan interjects with _KELDDA state 0. Kelddath Ormlyr, as Gavin' direct superior, is also his quest giver. Gavin is going to need to interject into state 0 as well.

How can I best accomplish this without squashing any BG1 NPC actions or variables?

I was using I_C_T2, and Kivan's dialog worked fine, but the store opened before Gavin got his interjection in. His interjection fired after the store closed, which was kind of funny, because the pc had a second shot at the store. I checked Kivan's variables after the dialog, and all Kivan's variables were set appropriately.

Oddly enough, Kivan's interjection uses I_C_T.

Which should I be using in this instance?

So, can I get away with using I_C_T, or will doing so mess Kivan up?

Reading your answer carefully and following the linked passage, I see that I will be safe as long as I give the other party a line after Gavin's.

Probably my best bet all around, even if it does seem a bit forced.

Edit: I can see already that much of tomorrow's work is going to be re-working Gavin's interjections.

Reading your answer carefully and following the linked passage, I see that I will be safe as long as I give the other party a line after Gavin's.

I think that should work. If it does not, the solution might be to shift Gavin's or Kivan's interjection to the second time you talk with Kelddath after the first interjection already played out. Kivan's does not have to be the 'first time around', so adding a couple of State Triggers on it should work.

Archived