Where do I find hexadecimal numbers for items?

meat axe

Hey, I'm making a new kit for BGII, and I'm up to assigning the unusables in weidu. The kit is not going to be able to wear armour, bracers or helms (except ioun stones) and will not be able to dual class or use shields. I'm just wondering where to find the hexadecimal numbers for shields? As I understand it, I can just use the kensai unusable and add the shield hexadecimal number, so could someone tell me where i'd find this? Cheers.

You can add together the unusabilities for multiple kits, but you can't add specific item types onto a kit unusability value.

It's okay though, as I'm fairly sure shields are already kensai unusable :p Just using 0x00000004 as your kit's unusability should suffice.

If not, it's something you'd need to correct in the item files and wouldn't be able to do with the kit.

You can add together the unusabilities for multiple kits, but you can't add specific item types onto a kit unusability value.

It's okay though, as I'm fairly sure shields are already kensai unusable :p Just using 0x00000004 as your kit's unusability should suffice.

If not, it's something you'd need to correct in the item files and wouldn't be able to do with the kit.

Okay, thanks for the reply. Hopefully the kensai does deal with the shields, since that would be much simpler than patching all the shields in the game to not be usable by my kit.

Archived