Altering an already installed mod component

Storm Rider

Is it possible to change one or two components in a mod that you installed and pick another option, once you have already started a game? If so, how do you go about it? Do you have to run the whole mod again and go through all the components (and have to reinstall) or can you do it in a more simple manner?

I'd like to revert Viconia's skin colour back to the original tone, as I have never seen what it looks like. I selected the option in the Tweak Pack to make it blue but it looks a little too blue for me. Would this be easy to revert manually?

I'm also possibly thinking of trying out the multiple romance option, just to see what it is like. I should imagine that may be harder to redo though, without going through the entire mod install again.

Regards.

Is it possible to change one or two components in a mod that you installed and pick another option, once you have already started a game?
In general, it depends on the mod. Specifically, this is why tweak components recommend being last (or late) in the install process - so you can "tweak" the game easily.

If you haven't met Viconia yet and want to revert that component for example, just double click on the Setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe. Skip everything until you get to the Viconia component, at which point you can uninstall it. If you have other mods installed after Tweaks, WeiDU (the mod exe engine) will roll back the other mods and then reinstall them with your selected settings (some people prefer to do this manually though WeiDU *should* be smart enough to do it automatically).

If I do this, this won't affect my saved games, will it?

I installed Oversight after Tweaks (it was the only way to avoid the parse error I mentioned in my older thread). How will WeiDU automatically roll back and then reinstall? If I click on Tweak's Setup, change what is needed but select Not Install for the other Tweak components, so nothing else gets altered, how does WeiDU run through all my selected components for Oversight?

Lastly, seeing as I have already experienced the start of two relationships, which has now ended up as one because of the two female characters arguing, will that affect altering the relationship component of Tweaks? Is it likely to break the game?

If I do this, this won't affect my saved games, will it?
It won't touch those files, if that's what you mean (but see below).
I installed Oversight after Tweaks (it was the only way to avoid the parse error I mentioned in my older thread). How will WeiDU automatically roll back and then reinstall? If I click on Tweak's Setup, change what is needed but select Not Install for the other Tweak components, so nothing else gets altered, how does WeiDU run through all my selected components for Oversight?
WeiDU keeps a log of every subcomponent of every mod you've installed (including the installation order) in a file called, funnily enough, WeiDU.log. You can open this in a text editor and see for yourself (also handy if you've forgotten what you've installed :p).
Lastly, seeing as I have already experienced the start of two relationships, which has now ended up as one because of the two female characters arguing, will that affect altering the relationship component of Tweaks? Is it likely to break the game?
Possibly. I forget whether you're playing Tutu or BG2... if Tutu, the multi-romance component is unsupported. If BG2, there are probably quite a few forum threads on the subject... I'm not familiar with them offhand. But the short story is you probably need to revert to a saved game prior to triggering a romance if you're tweaking that component. Then again, you could always just modify it and see if it works on your existing save. Backup the saved game folder just in case, and if it fails, you can revert to your previous install as documented in WeiDU.log (or revert to an earlier save, or start a new game).

For Viconia, if you haven't met her yet and want to tweak her skin colour, that shouldn't be a problem. If she's in your party already, your saved game might not pick up that reversion. But it's probably not going to break the game and you could change her skin manually with a saved game editor if you really wanted to. :p

You could just use Shadow Keeper and change her skin color back.
Said that:
...you could change her skin manually with a saved game editor if you really wanted to. :p
Though he'd have to know what the original value was, and that doesn't help with the other issues.

Archived