Favoured Enemy end .EFF in IE

St_Vitruvius

I'm trying to figure out how FE works ingame.. I'm going to add a Favoured Enemy: Orc and Drow to a kit I'm creating for a mod.

Does it give +4 to hit as in PnP?

Another thing is: I've found an option to add combat bonuses against single races only.. But I'm not sure if this restriction should go specificly in the .spl-file or it should go in an .eff-file called by the .spl-file.. Anyone know?

And what exactly are the use of .eff vs. .spl?

I'm trying to figure out how FE works ingame.. I'm going to add a Favoured Enemy: Orc and Drow to a kit I'm creating for a mod. Does it give +4 to hit as in PnP?
That's what the SoA manual says, though it only works for rangers and their kits. It also gives the ranger a -4 penalty to encounter reactions with those creatures.

Now I've tried creating a .spl and an .eff-file who's supposed to simulate the Rangers Favoured Enemy Special Ability. I've been looking at the Daystar and Dragonslayer swords to figure out how to do.

I've come up with the following for the + 4 to hit:

srorchit.spl

srorchit.EFF

Can anyone please see if I've set it up correctly?

The last thing is the reation penalty..

I can't seen to find an effect for it using NI. What should I look for? A temporary CHA penalty or Reputation Penalty?

Reaction isn't implemented in BG2, so you can skip it :rant:

I'm assuming your spell is going to be applied by your CLAB .2da for the kit. If so:

Set all timing modes to 9.

Take the THAC0 bonus out of the spell, and have it only call the .eff, no other effects. Set the target in the extended header to self.

Set parameter 3 in the .eff to 4 if that's the amount of bonus you want to grant. (It doesn't matter what the target is set to here).

If I recall correctly, there's no separate ids entry from drow, so you may need to make do with bonus versus elves for your second .eff

If I recall correctly, there's no separate ids entry from drow, so you may need to make do with bonus versus elves for your second .eff
I'm pretty sure that's true, but I'm not sure it'd make a lot of sense if, say, he's making an elf-specific kit (race = elf; racial enemy = elf :rant:). Behold! The elf-hating elf (there are stranger things I guess :)).

hmm.. you mean like this?

orchit.rar

elfhit.rar

I've tested them on theese creatures, who I've edited to be exactly the same eccept for the rase-flag..

I can't see a change in the characters chance to hit..

@Nythrun: Yes, it'll be implemented using the CLAB..

@Miloch: I believe I can justify it for him to have Favoured Enemy: Elf..

The kit is the personal guard, choosen specifikly for their loyalty, virtue (Good Alignment) and their skill at arms.. He has been trained to know how to kill any possible thing that would likely be his enemies: ORcs and Drow.. As drow are elves, e.g. has the same anatomy and view on fighting (Dex before str ect.), he knows how to kill elves fast.. His Good Alignment will make sure he doesn't abuse the knowledge to kill innocent and other goodly elves.. (The Elven Knight Kit, I'm doing for the Elven Package)

Archived