Viconia/Elf Romance?

Hide and Seek

So, the Viconia romance mod on this place is on hold for, as we say, an undetermined amount of time. Another one would probably go the same way, but I have longed for a mod where you can play an elf and romance Viconia, and actually enable her to get over her "discomfort" against elves (or at least, you). This would, of course, require a whole new set of banters given only to an elf. In a bizarre way, I think that would be a great story, and I would probably give it a try if I had the tools, the computer and the ability to write good dialogue.

Imagine the reaction of the elves from Tethyr if you said that Viconia was one of your group, and not only that, you were romancing her too. With the mods going on out there today, this is probably no big thing. It just sounded like a fun idea at the time.

Interesting idea. I would imagine the story to be something like Romeo and Juliet, with disapproval flying in on every side, two lovers alone against the world.

That said, Viconia's hatred of elves seems undiminished by her conversion to the worship of Shar... and physical strength, or at least power seems to be her primary point of attraction. It would take a very special elf indeed to break through that, I think.

I'm glad you found the idea interesting.

I'm currently playing through SoA with Jaheira and Viconia as rivals, and there are situatons which I thought would be interesting to explore with an elf and a drow. For example, Viconia certainly could have much to say regarding the PC when he decides to go to Underdark, and how she herself would be in even more trouble, if such a thing is possible, for accompanying an elf down there.

The beginning could be somewhat similar, with Viconia taunting the PC when it comes to his "elven purity" but the difference between the Bioware romance would be that the first conversations would be a touch darker than the usual "either support them, or kick them when they're down" talks. As said, Viconia don't like elves, and it would require both a very special elf and very special dialogues to break through that. But if it was made, I think it would be great.

Sadly, it's only an idea. ??? But I hope that one day someone will have a similar thought and give it a try, be it Viconia or another drow.

Xan's second quest actually has a surface elf who falls in love with a drow, and wishes to protect her. See what comes of it.

My, I almost forgot this thread! :)

Is the surface elf Xan? I hope the relationship ain't doomed. I've been looking around in the Xan thread, but to my great shame, I didn't find anything elf-drow. Or maybe I did, and forgot it. I should try that mod, perhaps.

Is there other elven-drow romances with the PC as the elf? I think Viconia might take a loooong time before she changes her mind. :)

you could install the ease of use mod that allows you to romance any bioware npc regardless of gender/race.

but I have longed for a mod where you can play an elf and romance Viconia, and actually enable her to get over her "discomfort" against elves (or at least, you). This would, of course, require a whole new set of banters given only to an elf. In a bizarre way, I think that would be a great story, and I would probably give it a try if I had the tools, the computer and the ability to write good dialogue.

Imagine the reaction of the elves from Tethyr if you said that Viconia was one of your group, and not only that, you were romancing her too. With the mods going on out there today, this is probably no big thing. It just sounded like a fun idea at the time.

but i do agree with you, this sounds like fun.

I too hope the viconia romance mod doesnt fade away into oblivion.

Is the surface elf Xan? I hope the relationship ain't doomed. I've been looking around in the Xan thread, but to my great shame, I didn't find anything elf-drow. Or maybe I did, and forgot it. I should try that mod, perhaps.

No, not Xan. :) Someone else. It's a Chapter 6 quest.

Archived