Eureka!

FredSRichardson

It was really bugging me that the byte at offset 0x25a would seem to scale in some arbitrary way with the creature level. Well, today I was trying to figure out why the wolf in the Apsel's workshop was only yielding 37xp when the "xp value" field (0x014) clearly had 120 in it. I tried changing the value at 0x014 to something else and that made no difference, but if I changed the value at offset 0x25a from 1 to 2 and the xp yield went from 37 to 75. Ah ha! I'm not sure what exactly IWD2 does with the other XP field at offset 0x018, but "xp value" at 0x014 is probably ignored.

I've been looking over the WoTC 3E SRD documents to see if I can use that for some of the creature conversion. I think it'd be interesting to use these and see what happens. My fear is that the Orc's will be way too tough, but I guess you can't know until you try.

Guest Evilyn in limbo
I changed the value at offset 0x25a from 1 to 2 and the xp yield went from 37 to 75.

I know absolutely nothing about hex and such, but to me it sounds like changing that 1 to a 2 consequently doubled the "base xp" from 37(.5) to 75. Then again, I don't know how useful that admitted bit of conjecture would be...

Archived