List from Weidu?

Rabain

Maybe there's an easier or more efficient way of doing this, but I'm trying to use this method to generate a list of WAVs for Tutu.

OUTER_SPRINT ~list~ ~~
COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~.*\.wav$~ ~override~
PATCH_IF (~%SOURCE_SIZE%~ > 0x71) BEGIN
SPRINT ~%list%%SOURCE_RES%%nl%~
END
BUT_ONLY
APPEND ~sndlist.csv~ ~%list%~

Running this, I get this:

Copying and patching 12492 files ...

And it runs fine for a while (I can tell from the list of WAVs in the DEBUG file), but eventually hits this:

ERROR: BIFF [C:\BG2\CD4\/DATA/AREA2800.BIF]: unable to extract file 8

ERROR: Failure("read 0 of 8 bytes from [C:\BG2\CD4\/DATA/AREA2800.BIF]")

If I do it without the GLOB, I hit an error on the same BIFF, only with this message:

ERROR: Failure("Buffer.add: cannot grow buffer")

First of all, what's causing this error and secondly, how do I work around it?

There's some kind of problem (can't be more specific) with area 2800 - you'll need to extract the .wav files to override first (COPY_EXISTING ~blahblah~ ~override~ suffices). Happens with other regexp on other file types too. Check chitin.key for a list of what you need to pull.

There's some kind of problem (can't be more specific) with area 2800 - you'll need to extract the .wav files to override first (COPY_EXISTING ~blahblah~ ~override~ suffices). Happens with other regexp on other file types too. Check chitin.key for a list of what you need to pull.
Thanks - that worked. Well, the COPY_EXISTING ~blahblah~ ~override~ didn't work, but I manually extracted the files from AREA2800.bif with NI and it ran successfully for Tutu at least. But then I tried running it for BG2 and got:
ERROR: BIFF [./DATA/DESOUND.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "./DATA/DESOUND.BIF")
So I checked with NI and DESOUND.BIF, although apparently referenced in the chitin.key, does not exist - redirects me to "null" in NI. So I ran NI's "Keyfile Cleanup" which removes references to nonexistent BIFFs. CamDawg has advised rather strenuously against this in the past, but whatever... this is a junk install anyway I use for testing. Once I did that anyhow, it works. Says patching 9942 files instead of 9991 or whatever, and executes successfully.

Should the Fixpack look into fixing these BIFFs, at least for the "Happy Modder" component?

Dear Cam:

In spite of your "Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack," I am one super unhappy miserable unlucky modder. Please do something about it.

Regards,

-Halfwitted Half-orc

P.S.: When can we expect the new Detectable Spells?

Archived