Not sure if this is up to BG1 NPC Project

DalreiDal

er, so who should I be reporting my finding to, lol?
Well, it depends on where the typo is. If it's in the vanilla game, report it to the Fixpack (link in my signature for pubic access if you don't have full forum access). If it's in BG1NPC then report it here. It might be kind of hard to narrow down unless you have multiple installs and dialogue editors etc., but don't worry too much about that, we'll sort out where it is eventually.
Well, as for proofreading, English isn't my native tongue, so I'm not too sure I'm really qualified. I master English enough to write and spot typos, but I don't think I'm too much of a quality control regarding rhythm, level of language, style, (champ lexical), etc (although that's not what you're looking for, is it?)
For the Fixpack, we're just looking at typos - spelling, grammar and punctuation. So things like style, rhythm, etc., are beyond our scope (would take way too long even if we were doing that ;)). And the lists will be just plain text strings, so you don't need to know anything about coding or dialog formatting, just proofing. If you think you can spare some time, we'd be glad to give you access. You don't have to commit to anything major since we have a few other proofreaders lined up. But if you're busy with a sea voyage (sounds fun... I think?), no worries, we'll struggle on ;).
If it's in the vanilla game, report it to the Fixpack (link in my signature for pubic access if you don't have full forum access).

OK, I'll do that. Sorry to bother you here ;)

For the Fixpack, we're just looking at typos - spelling, grammar and punctuation. So things like style, rhythm, etc., are beyond our scope (would take way too long even if we were doing that ;)). And the lists will be just plain text strings, so you don't need to know anything about coding or dialog formatting, just proofing. If you think you can spare some time, we'd be glad to give you access. You don't have to commit to anything major since we have a few other proofreaders lined up. But if you're busy with a sea voyage (sounds fun... I think?), no worries, we'll struggle on :D.

OK, I'm in... just tell me what to do. I don't want to make any promises because of RL requirements (that sea mission is going to be as much pain as fun, I think... after a summer in tropical dry forest, an automn in the Arctic ocean... where am I going to end up next!?), but if you don't expect me to say, like, "I will check 10 pages a week", then it's OK. I'll drop in and check when I have the time...

Archived