Not sure if this is up to BG1 NPC Project

DalreiDal

Hello,

As I said, I'm not really sure BG1 NPC project is responsible, but I don't really know who else to take it up to, so please if I'm adressing the wrong people just tell me who should be made aware of such things? Thanks ;)

At the very beginning when you meet Safana, she'll say:

"...but in the south were I come from..."

and "...my skills are of a thieving nature" missing a nature.

Er, sorry to just be here to point out a typo, but hey, didn't I already say a bunch of times how wonderful your mod is? ;)

Well, probably -- in fact, yes. Just looked it up. This one is for re-flagging to Milosh and plainab in their BG1 FixPack that is in progress, just in case, though... not everyone has the Baldurdash fixes on theiur install. EasyTutu does. The easiest way to figure out if the copy you have is to talk to Chase, the jumper-wannabe on the first map out of CandleKeep. If he talks about losing a diamond, you are Baldurdashed, as Baldurdash added (re-added-back?) the hints about hidden treasures. If he just talks about jumping, you are running Un-Baldurdashe, Tutu v4.

p.s. Domi now has my favorite wicked dry sense of humor quote from CamDawg, seconded only by Andyr's whole sig... ;)

Well, I AM Easy-Tutu, so supposedly Baldurdashed, and Chase did speak of a diamond in my game... and still those typos are there. Er, any theories???

Edit: And, btw, what are those humoristic quotes? Newbie here would like to know! ;)

Oversight in the Tutuification process?

Macready replaces the dialog.tlk. Maybe he missed a few lines.

And in response to the "BTW" the humorous bit is the quote that goes "I understand folks prefer code that works." As opposed to code that, say, does not work, and causes your game to go boom. It might well be the most entertaining example of understatement in the last couple months, and arose during a discussion of opening the Cloakwood areas before Chapter 4.

There are still typos in standard game text even after Baldurdash or EasyTutu. So we have to comb through all the game text manually. We'll fix this for the BG1 Fixpack game text update - thanks for pointing it out. Maybe you'd like to proofread for us? ;) Which reminds me, I should compile the text comparisons and publish them so our existing proofreaders can look it over, if they haven't buggered off by now.

There are still typos in standard game text even after Baldurdash or EasyTutu. So we have to comb through all the game text manually. We'll fix this for the BG1 Fixpack game text update - thanks for pointing it out. Maybe you'd like to proofread for us? ;) Which reminds me, I should compile the text comparisons and publish them so our existing proofreaders can look it over, if they haven't buggered off by now.

I'm still around and would love to help out.

Many things:

er, so who should I be reporting my finding to, lol?

Well, as for proofreading, English isn't my native tongue, so I'm not too sure I'm really qualified. I master English enough to write and spot typos, but I don't think I'm too much of a quality control regarding rhythm, level of language, style, (champ lexical), etc (although that's not what you're looking for, is it?) I'm willing to proofread, as RL allows (little these times, I'm preparing an open sea mission and have to count, order, receive, pack and send everything I'll need down to each and every pencil and tape and filter and little serum vial of 20 mL I'll need for sampling...), although I can't code anything and I'm not really good at navigating dialog files, so I'm not really sure what help I can provide... but I'm willing to try ;)

But you have an advantage over native English speakers, because you can spot spelling and grammar mistakes that our jaded eyes just pass right over. When you are very familiar with something, sometimes you read what you expect, not what is there.

Archived