Spell cheat/tweak

Guest Munchkin9

Guest Munchkin9

Okay, I don't know if this forum is still alive but it has been years since I have wanted a mod like this:

(WARNING: This is a cheat request) I really want a mod that removes, or at least considerably shortens, the cool-down between spells. So that my mage can be mega rigged and cast spell after spell really fast.

I have no idea if this exists or is even possible but it is worth a shot.

There are several cheat items out there already with the 'aura cleansing' effect on them to achieve what you want.

[Don't know if this forum is still alive? There are posts here every day. Though maybe it's not fooling anyone and it'll be stone dead in a moment.]

Guest Guest

You can do one out of three things:

1) Use the 10th level spell, improved alacrity, already in the game. This will remove the cooldown for a short period of time.

2) Download the large mod, The Darkest Day (TDD), wherein a 4th level spell (Daer Ragh's Aura of Cleansing) allows you to remove the cooldown for a longer period of time.

3) I have searched for it in the modlist (here), but I cannot find it:

I am 100% sure there is an item mod which among other things contains a ring that allows you to cast spells without the pause, infinite. Try searching for it yourself. I belive it's called "The Ring of Vecna" or something similar.

Be advised that TDD doesn't contain the most sublime roleplaying opportunities, put gently, and that a mage without the interval between his or hers spells will be insanely powerful, probably making the game a walk in the park.

I believe Daer'Ragh's Auru Cleansing is in the unmodded game. It might just not be available until TDD "adds" it. [Daer'Ragh BTW is an "easter egg" creature in BG1.] In any case, it does the same thing as Improved Alacrity - applies the "aura cleansing" effect which removes the spellcasting delay.

And like I said, there are several mods out there that add cheat items with this effect. Although I'm not intimately familiar with the vastly overpopulated field of BG2 mods, I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple such items in Dark Side of the Sword Coast for BG1/BGT.

If all you want to do is cheat this on your mage, add the effect to your character in ShadowKeeper, or put it on an item. Though as "Guest" says, this will likely make the game a walk in the park.

Sorry about the forum dead comment I had just not seen any new posts but my bad.

Anyway, I think you mean the Robe of Vacna, because I have found no ring. The problem with the robe is that it is for collector's addition only and I have found no mods to add it in.

I have not found any other items that reduce the cool down except for two mysterious

items that I I have never seen, The Hand and Eye of Vacna.

By the way the spells though useful do not last long enough that I actually like them and I don't want to download the Dark...whatever mod.

Oh and a I am running Baldur's Gate II Shadow of Amn on a mac if that makes any difference.

Edit: Never Mind I managed to get the robe of Vecna but I believe to have been misunderstood, I don't care about the spells taking a long time to cast what I care about is the time you have to wait in between casting 2 spells. ex: Cast->Wait->Cast

I want Cast->Cast.

Savvy?

So there is no mod or item that removes that time in between.

And question, no offense, but what does your mod have to do with this?\

Edit: I think I have found the answer to my problems but no way to get that answer. I think the time in between my spells is the initiative...savvy?... what I mean is that would there be a way to edit the initiative so that my guy acts faster.

Savvy?

So there is no mod or item that removes that time in between.
And like I said, there are several mods out there that add cheat items with this effect. Although I'm not intimately familiar with the vastly overpopulated field of BG2 mods, I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple such items in Dark Side of the Sword Coast for BG1/BGT.
There's gotta be at least one mod for BG2 with 'aura cleansing' items... I'd be shocked if there weren't several.
I have not found any other items that reduce the cool down except for two mysterious items that I I have never seen, The Hand and Eye of Vacna.
Maybe the Head of Vecna would do it? :)
Guest Guest
And question, no offense, but what does your mod have to do with this?\

Um no...I was, um trying to be funny... Obviously I failed...

There's gotta be at least one mod for BG2 with 'aura cleansing' items... I'd be shocked if there weren't several.
The last time I ran through BG2, I got so fed up with ToB that I modified the ring of acuity with permanent aura cleansing. Good times.

I don't think Darrah's funky stuff worked in BG or TotSC. I didn't think it was working for SoA, but I guess it must if crappy TDD uses it.

Somebody make this guy an aura-cleansing ring, please. That's all he wants.

Yes please someone make me one of those ring it is ( I think ) exactly what I want.

To Blaellyn: Sorry if I sounded angry or accusing, I didn't mean it badly, I was just having a bad day. I was wondering if your mod had a script that enabled it, that was all. ( And now that you menshion{?] it, it was kind of funny, but it is hard to make someone who is having a bad day laugh...even me :) )

Edit: By the way the spell adjustment mod is for pc only. As I have previously said I am using a mac.

Edit: By the way the spell adjustment mod is for pc only. As I have previously said I am using a mac.
I think there is a PC to Mac mod converter (someone else might know the link). But I don't think it will help you much for what you want:
Check out TeamBG's Spell System Adjustments Mod. It does exactly what you're looking for, if I read the docs correctly. I've never been able to get it to work with the mega-modification, but on a relatively mod-free game, it should work fine.
I haven't used this mod except perhaps briefly in testing, but I don't think it does this. What is seems to do is eliminate the need to rest in order to regain spells you've cast - it doesn't say it removes the pause between casting spells.

If you want to do it without cheating, get the Robe of Vecna, the Amulet of Power and the Improved Alacrity spell on your mage.

Archived