Bio Romances auto-resumed in ToB?

Search function didn't return any result, so I figured out that the Fixpackers would be The people to ask about this:

Over the years I've noticed a few bug reports(including Xan forum) that Anomen romance(some other Bioware romance) is resumed in ToB for no reason(it was inactive/killed in SoA) - and I heard it was deliberate. I've searched the game dialogues and scripts via Infinity Explorer, and I didn't find anything indicating this issue. Can it really happen - and if so, does Fixpack fix this bit?

(I'd be happy to hear this is some mod-related glitch - just don't want to leave the question hanging, since some of my own coding depends on this reported glitch).

Anomen's always restarts in my game. I think this might have been done to reset the romances after the PC mangles it the first time, either by sleeping with Aerie, letting nature take it's course with Viconia, or sending Anomen mixed signals.

Like Kulyok, I couldn't find anything that would cause his romance to spontaneously reactivate in ToB. Unless it's part of MoveToExpansion() (and the generic expansion startup code), it sounds like a mod issue to me (or maybe a bug in SoA).

Looking at the ToB launch code, I can only see the usual suspects getting automatically set (INTOB, StartMP, HadEllesimeDream1, HadImoenDream1, HadSlayerDream, HadJonDream1, HadJonDream2, HadEllesimeDream2).

There's code to mess with the XPGiven variable (but I don't remember that it actually works the way it was supposed to), but nothing about Anomen's romance.

Okay, thank you very much. Maybe I'll experiment around with save games without mods installed and get back to you, if I find anything definite. For now, I'll keep it filed under "Might happen, should be accounted for" - just in case.

It might have been part of a sop thrown to people who start a new ToB game (anyone? anyone ever?).

Me. :)

Archived