Area crashes game

Blaellyn

Well, the tilesets seem to cross over just fine. I took the .mos, and the aux bitmap files (assuming those are light, height, and search maps) from Infinity Explorer and they work just fine. I did not just copy paste, I used DLTCEP to fine and save as into the BG2 override then I switched games and went from there.

When you say you switched games you mean you did this in the DLTCEP options?

If yes then when you switch to BG2 in options you should open the area from the override and save it again. This should allow DLTCEP to correct any inconsitencies between the two versions.

You only need to switch the iwd2/bg2 toggle in the area editor and save then.

Then switch to the bg2 setup in dltcep and run an area check on the freshly imported area.

I have a question of the same type: I wanted to import an area from IWDII to BGII. I deleted all ambients / sounds, even the doors, I saved the IWDII area under "Area type: other", I did the check under BGII setup with no error messages, all related files (.mos, .tis, maps) are in the override folder, but the imported area crashes upon loading.

Now I am clueless.

I don't know if this is helpful or why it worked for me but this is what I've had success with before:

Load the area in IETME: make sure you've removed anything you think might be causing the crash (ambients, creatures, containers with non-existent BG2 items (e.g. it referenced an IWD item)).

Save the area.

Open the area in DLTCEP, check it, save it.

8 times out of 10 this works for problem areas for me.

Whether thats just because I've gotten in to a routine when it happens...I don't know but I tend to stick with what works! :)

You only need to switch the iwd2/bg2 toggle in the area editor and save then.

Then switch to the bg2 setup in dltcep and run an area check on the freshly imported area.

I have a question of the same type: I wanted to import an area from IWDII to BGII. I deleted all ambients / sounds, even the doors, I saved the IWDII area under "Area type: other", I did the check under BGII setup with no error messages, all related files (.mos, .tis, maps) are in the override folder, but the imported area crashes upon loading.

Now I am clueless.

I hope you meant area version. (it is other - v1.0 or iwd2 - v9.1)

Non existing monsters can cause crash. (i think)

Just like ambients that exist, but only in a bif. Non existing ambients don't crash. (i think)

I can take a look at it if you upload it somewhere.

Archived