Would this cutscene work?

berelinde

In particular, I'm concerned that I've got the ActionOverride step right. Thanks in advance.

IF

True()

THEN

RESPONSE #100

CutSceneId("B!VALCUT")

ClearAllActions()

MoveViewPoint([495.400],INSTANT)

Wait(2)

CreateVisualEffectObject("SPWI402","B!VALER")

ActionOverride("B!VALER",ReallyForceSpell(Myself,DRYAD_TELEPORT))

EndCutSceneMode()

END

It looks like it, unless B!VALER is InParty, in which case you need to add the LeaveParty and set AI scripts, set dialogue file, etc.

You can steal a format from the Dynaheir Romance materials or the Challenges component, too.

What are you trying to do with CreateVisualEffectObject()? "SPWI402" isn't an animation in the default game...

The dimension door animation in BG2 takes about 5 seconds; you may want to Wait(5) before EndCutsceneMode() just so that the NPC is fully gone before dropping out of the cutscene.

Yeah, this is for a non-joinable. Forgetting that in cutscene's the default actor is Player1, I had originally written it without the action override, with ensuing wonkiness.

Thanks for the heads up for the animation and the wait. I'll put in the wait and lose the animation.

The NPC in question is a villain in Gavin's quest. This is one of the possible conclusions if the PC betrays Gavin and sides with her.

Archived