A suggestion about the kidnapping

Ieldra

Something funny happened - I walked out of a certain building, Amber got kidnapped, and I had to just walk in again to find the building occupied by someone else....you know which building... (I try to avoid spoilers) It must've been the fastest re-occupation in the history of that area, hehe.

So, here's my suggestion: if there will be another version of Amber, change it so the kidnapping doesn't happen in that area. It tends to get confusing.

BTW, the map is a nice idea. Almost unbelievable nobody thought of something like this before (or did anyone?). I also liked the resolution of this little plot, also something I had not seen before. It fits her character, and I like her the more for it.

Yeah, I'll consider taking that area out of the list of areas in which it can happen. However, I don't want to narrow the list too much. The talk track is tied to that quest and I don't want the talks to stall just because the player doesn't visit certain area(s). There's enough interaction in the mod with special conditions as it is.

I'm glad that you liked the quest. Even though the whole kidnapping quest is about as over used plot as it can be a lot of effort was put into it. :)

Just a small question in regards to that quest.

Will there be anymore backstory to that in the future, I can figure a guess for a few reasons as to why it happens.

But what I'm trying to say is will it still have an impact in the future before TOB is over? It seemed to have ended a little to easily for something that seemed to be more than just a simple kidnapping.

Really liked its addition to the mod though, real challenging if you come unprepared.

Just thought a bit of expansion on that could help clear a few holes; like say the ***** try to take revenge, or something. <ommited name due to spoilers> :)

Anyways, its just a suggestion, and if you want an extra writer helping ya out, do feel free to give me a call. I'm usually around the SHS if you don't find me here.

Just a small question in regards to that quest.

Will there be anymore backstory to that in the future, I can figure a guess for a few reasons as to why it happens.

But what I'm trying to say is will it still have an impact in the future before TOB is over? It seemed to have ended a little to easily for something that seemed to be more than just a simple kidnapping.

Did you find the sorcerers journal? It might shed a little light on his ambitions. As for Lorraine's part in it - if you have patience for the imp's ramblings you discover a bit more about her ties to the sorcerer.

I won't promise that the quest will have (direct) impact on ToB part of the mod, but I either won't promise that it won't have. :) I haven't finished writing for ToB so you never know...

Anyways, its just a suggestion, and if you want an extra writer helping ya out, do feel free to give me a call. I'm usually around the SHS if you don't find me here.

Thanks for the offer but I rather keep writing Amber all to myself. :)

If someone has a burning desire for item making (not designing, but putting my ideas together in DLTCEP) and testing, I could use a hand. While I'm perfectly capable of making items myself I find it really, really tedious business. :)

Archived