What happened to...? (spoilerish)

close2myheart

What happened to Laran after Saradush was destroyed? ;)

When I got his letter from the refugee it made my PC worried all over and were it possible I would return back to the city and search him myself :wub: . Although the letter was short, but it was so touching that it sorta breaks my heart.

I guess my Bhaalspawn was kinda looking forward for the young Squire to be her suitor ;);) (Yes, I made a new PC for him... and she has no prior commitments..)

Sorry, but I really just *had* to ask :) otherwise I might burst :D

I'm sorry, but he died.

He would never abandon his post, so he wouldn't be among the refugees. Yaga-Shura left no one alive. If it makes you feel any better, Torm likley rewarded him generously in the afterlife for his devotion.

There were two things that influenced that encounter. The first was my desire to present a full romance track in just 4 dialogues, from the first hello to its conclusion.

The second was that the encounter was strongly influenced by the Cyrano de Bergerac story. Laran might have been Christian, Anomen might have been Cyrano, the PC could have been Roxane. For that story to work, Laran, like Christian, had to die. I'm sure that I'm being naughty by stealing such a poignant literary theme for a computer game, but I don't think Edmund Rostand would mind.

I am sorry that it made you sad, though.

He...he...he...DIES??? Oh berelinde how could you??? (My pc tears her hair out with grief. Then she gets drunk and rends her garments. Then she gets desperate and sleeps with Anomen)

Just kidding. Laran is wonderful and touching. He is one of my absolute faves in RE so far. Thanks for such a great encounter berelinde!

Whaaaaa....? :):):)

Oh well... Once my Bhaalspawn ascends, she'll be good friends with Torm and you'd recon he'll be nice enough to return Laran ? :)

(far fetched maybe, but wishfull thinking helps :) )

Just to let you know though berelinde, Laran (still is) my favorite NPC in RE (even though the sad ending) love your work :thumbsup:

Archived