Dynaheir Romance

Silverstar

First, thank you to all people who have worked hard to create such a wonderful mod, which makes BG1 now as good as BG2 (if not better!) in terms of character interjections. I think this is no small job, staying in character with every original NPC and creating tons of new fun content for us to explore! I believe you have done a splendid job so far! :)

Now about my little predicament:

OK I was planning on trying Dynaheir's romance for the very first time. My protagonist is a NG wild mage with good reputation as of now. However, my protagonist had 18 INT and 9 WIS at creation. When I read in the documents that one needed at least 10 WIS. So I SKed and raised my WIS to 10 in Beregost, before even meeting Minsc. (I don't think it is extreme cheating, there is no other side effect in game terms after all AFAIK)

Now I got Dynaheir, she is a sorceress thanks to NPC kit mod. I also dumped Minsc thanks to seperate NPC couples component. My romance timer was set to half hour.

I am positive that I have played with Dynaheir in my party more than one hour but no romance talk started. A small talk about Candlekeep was all I got.

Did I screw something? Or the romance will start in what conditions? What can I do to start the romance if all fails? (asking about a CLUA console code or like that, sorry! :thumbsup: )

Also. It seems I have an older version installed. (V12) Can I get the new version? To do this, I know I have to first uninstall the old one, but will doing so corrupt something in my save games? Will everything work fine if I do that?

Thank you all in advance.

You really can't use earlier saves with v14. Many of the variables are renamed, which means that a lot of things are going to go screwy.

However, it isn't unusual to see a delayed start to Dynah's romance. It takes a while.

You know how to use SK, already, so that will help you. Go to SK, go over to the "global variables" tab, and look for anything with Dynah in the name. If your romance is set up to start, there will be a romance match for her set at one, and a romance active for her, also set at one.

Thank you very much for fast replies.

I checked SK and there are no romance globals as far as I can tell. So the romance has not started like you suggested I guess. There was only one friendly talk. I was being rather paranoid, I thought the romance would start fast like those in BG2.

EDIT:OK, first love talk started just when I left Nashkel Mines. Everything seems OK now, I think I will greatly enjoy this new content! Thank you all people again!

Archived