Is this Heart of Fury mod compatible with BG1 Tutu?

Cliftor

Guest EarthquakeDamage
Also, unless that's a typo, I don't know what the author means by "you get a 100 hp bonus for generic monsters."

It sounds like a simple and innocuous enough mod... could a line be added to increase Exp rewards as well?

http://pageperso.aol.fr/Ipotemine/

While I'm not an expert at WeiDU scripting, it appears to overwrite the joinable NPCs, a few innate spells (SPIN151-155; Bhaalspawn abilities maybe? I don't know), some 40+ assorted CREs, and a few creature scripts (INITNPC, SHOUTNPC, etc). It adds the HOF1 script, which seems to control XP awards (didn't decompile it). Maybe the modified creature scripts call HOF1 when appropriate?

So, yeah, it looks like there's no patching. Just overwrites.

Guest EarthquakeDamage

Please excuse the consecutive posts, but...

Reading the INI, it looks like you could write a simple WeiDU patch to add the HP/AC/Thac0 changes. I'm under the impression this mod doesn't add new spells, effects or gear to monsters. I suspect it didn't make the creature scripts any smarter. So, yeah, it should be easy to write a small patch to do the same thing in a much more mod-compatible fashion.

Guest EarthquakeDamage
INI

Confound it all! I knew what I meant but said the wrong thing. I meant TXT (that is the Readme).

[mental note]Spend more time proofreading before posting.[/mental note]

Agreed.

This mod might be made to be compatible with Tutu, but it would need to be a first-in-install order, as it destructively overwrites the joinable NPCs and many .cre scripts. Or it would need to be

Currently it seems that several of the "new" scripts are identical to BG2 standard ones (WTASIGHT, for instance, is the same as Tutu's _TASIGHT) so either some of these are BG2 cscripting brought to BG1, or they are duplicated (I don't know why someone would distribute an identical script with no changes when it is already present),. So the person converting it would need to

a. look and see what actual changes have been made to the .bcs files, and decide if they are already in Tutu/BGT or ifthere are new additions,

b. decide if the changes were different enoug from existing mods to make it worthwhile contacting the original author and asking for permission to begin work,

c. build patches to extend existing .bcs materials with the changes made to the scripts,

d. contact Ascension64 and see about resource naming conversion using his PCU (or manually determine the resource naming changes and edit them in)

e. Look at the .cres and determine if they have chages other than scripting, and whip up the relevant thac0, AC, and scripting changes (this part is actually probably pretty straightforward, though you amy want to talk to Salk about that - Salk and Aiglebourne have been building an "enchanced creatures" mod for some time now, and they may have templates that you can use to avoid the overwriting stuff).

The xp bonus seems to be scripted in as

IF
 Global("HoF1_mode","LOCALS",0)
 !CheckStat(Myself,1,TRACKING)
 !InParty(Myself)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("HoF1_mode","LOCALS",1)
ApplySpell(Myself,3151)
ApplySpell(Myself,3152)
ApplySpell(Myself,3153)
ApplySpell(Myself,3154)
ApplySpell(Myself,3155)
END

IF
 NumDeadGT("none",0)
 Global("HoF1_xpbonus","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
IncrementGlobal("Sprite_is_deadnone","GLOBAL",-1)
END

IF
 !NumDeadGT("none",0)
 Global("HoF1_xpbonus","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("HoF1_xpbonus","GLOBAL",1)
END

but I can't find many changes on the scripts I saw from Tutu, so again, this one would be something to research. If it is an older mod, the author was doing good stuff getting BG2 Engine ideas and scripting into BG, but it would mean that all of the scripting portion of the mod could be skipped (except the bonus xp, if wanted0 and only the -5 to ac, etc. could be implemented.

Archived