Making the GTU not suck

Books have a weight and I have reported it. In particular, the books that enhance the abilities have a superweight that shouldn't be overlooked (I think 25).
I mean the books, like the History of Calimshan, not the tomes. It'd look pretty stupid to read this long history of a place, then have a "Weight: 2" at the very end.
Really I miss the point of having the weight reported in some cases and not in others. But everything is as usual up to discussion like you say.
I think the point is, as Cam says "to purge spurious changes." Spurious seems to be a favourite word in the fixpack comments, which can mean bastard, false or forged, but perhaps in this case it means "unnecessary." It's also a matter of not overhauling any "standards" the game has, if mods are sticking to the original formats. If you do that, any mods you have that don't follow your new guidelines are going to stick out like sore thumbs.

Another example is none of the wands I looked at have weights in their descriptions and AFAICT the weights are all 1.

Archived