Errors in Andris.dlg

10thLich

Original:

ActionOverride("Beyn",SetGlobal("DMWWAndrisHostile","GLOBAL",1)

Enemy())

ActionOverride("Marcel",SetGlobal("DMWWAndrisHostile","GLOBAL",1)

Enemy())

SetGlobal("DMWWAndrisHostile","GLOBAL",1)

Enemy()

Corrected:

ActionOverride("Beyn",SetGlobal("DMWWAndrisHostile","GLOBAL",1))

Enemy()

ActionOverride("Marcel",SetGlobal("DMWWAndrisHostile","GLOBAL",1))

Enemy()

Enemy()

I'm a bit confused - there's not supposed to be any such code in _andris.dlg. Which version of SCS are you using?

SCSv7, and this is the code in every Action (-) field in the dialogue in Near Infinity. Could it be that SCS II changes some BG1 Mages in BGT?

10th

I'm a bit confused - there's not supposed to be any such code in _andris.dlg. Which version of SCS are you using?

SCSv7, and this is the code in every Action (-) field in the dialogue in Near Infinity. Could it be that SCS II changes some BG1 Mages in BGT?

10th

Aha, got it. I wasn't looking at BGT. It is an SCS (I) problem - for some reason I can't fathom, BGT changes the dialog file compared to the BG1 / BG1TUTU version, so when SCS tries to substitute into that file, problems ensue. However, I'm fairly certain it's harmless.

There's a separate glitch with Andris in BGT, which I just discovered in testing this issue and which possibly was what led you to trying to debug his file? SCS isn't swapping his script, because of an error in the .tp2 file. Line 3456 currently reads

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~override/FW1500.are~ // if TotSC is installed

and should read

ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS ~override/FW1500.are~ OR !(FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~fw0100.are~)) // if TotSC is installed

(It's not critical, it just means that Andris uses his old script)

10th

Aha, got it. I wasn't looking at BGT. It is an SCS (I) problem - for some reason I can't fathom, BGT changes the dialog file compared to the BG1 / BG1TUTU version, so when SCS tries to substitute into that file, problems ensue. However, I'm fairly certain it's harmless. (Let me know if not). The correct, fix, incidentally, is just

Enemy()

There's a separate glitch with Andris in BGT, which I just discovered in testing this issue and which possibly was what led you to trying to debug his file? SCS isn't swapping his script, because of an error in the .tp2 file. Line 3456 currently reads

and should read

ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS ~override/FW1500.are~ OR !(FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~fw0100.are~)) // if TotSC is installed

(It's not critical, it just means that Andris uses his old script)

David,

this same line

is also present at lines:

571, 3526 and 4108.

Should the suggested change include those as well?

Thanks!

David,

this same line

is also present at lines:

571, 3526 and 4108.

Should the suggested change include those as well?

Thanks!

Yes, yes, and no, in that order. Not that any major catastrophe will occur because if it, in these cases.

Recently I came across the same issue. It has only minor consequences. (The companion mages don't turn hostile.) And as already pointed out, BGT changed/fixed the dialogue already, so the REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT in scs/misc/andris.d does not work as intended. (Btw. BGT changes many dialogue files.)

I suggest modifing andris.d so that Enemy() is only matched when it is at the beginning of the line:

REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT ~%tutu_var%ANDRIS~
~^Enemy()~
~SetGlobal("DMWWAndrisHostile", "GLOBAL", 1)
 Enemy()~

Archived