Dynaheir repeating same lovetalk

dizzyorange

Great romance, but she lately she's been repeating the same lovetalk over and over again. The X#DYLOVETALK variable is at 22.

I did some experiment and found some odd results. Please see the bottom post for details. If anyone has any insight into this matter, thanks in advance for your response.

After playing around with the variables a bit, I noticed that whatever I set X#DYLOVETALK to, the LT that plays is always 13 less than the variable. For example, if X#DYLOVETALK is 27, and X#DYLOVETALKTIME is 0, then LT14 plays (according to the PDF Romance Guide). Is my install messed up?

Here's my Weidu Log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

~SETUP-EASYTUTUHOTFIXES.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Hotfixes: 05 February 2007 Release

~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier

~SETUP-EASYTUTUNPCKITS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Assign a kit to Dynaheir? -> Dynaheir: Sorceror

~SETUP-EASYTUTUNPCKITS.TP2~ #0 #21 // Assign a kit to Imoen? -> Imoen: Swashbuckler

~SETUP-EASYTUTUNPCKITS.TP2~ #0 #29 // Assign a kit to Kivan? -> Kivan: Archer

~SETUP-TUTUSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Casting Sounds -> Restored BG1 Casting Sounds And Special Effects

~SETUP-TUTUSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Combat Sounds

~TXTMUSIC/TXTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Restored Textscreen Music for BG1TuTu, EasyTutu, and BGT-WeiDU

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications for Version 14, September 18, 2007

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary

~BG1NPCMUSIC/BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Breakable Iron Nonmagical Shields, Helms, and Armor

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1110 // Add Map Notes

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grand Mastery (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2230 // Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2231 // Description Updates for Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent Component

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Give Kagain A Legal Constitution Score of 19

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Correct various errors on race, class etc

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Make elemental arrows more like their BG2 counterparts

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Make Protection from Normal Missiles block magical missiles

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Replace many magic weapons with fine ones -> Fine weapons are affected by the iron crisis

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #55 // Remove spells not in BG1

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Faster Bears

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #80 // Allow NPC pairs to separate

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Allow Yeslick to use axes

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Smarter general AI

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Better calls for help

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #150 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #160 // Smarter mages

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #180 // Smarter priests

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Smarter deployment

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #210 // Harder giant and phase spiders

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #220 // Dark Side-based kobold upgrade

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #230 // Smarter sirines and dryads

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #240 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #250 // Smarter basilisks

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #260 // Improved doppelgangers

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #270 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #280 // Relocated bounty hunters

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #290 // Improved Ulcaster

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #300 // Improved Balduran's Isle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #310 // Improved Durlag's Tower

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #320 // Improved Demon Cultists

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #330 // Improved miscellaneous encounters

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #340 // Tougher chapter-two end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #350 // Tougher chapter-three end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #360 // Tougher chapter-four end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #370 // Tougher chapter-five end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #380 // Tougher chapter-six end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #390 // Improved final battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #410 // Remove blur effect from displacer cloak

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #430 // Move Boo out of quick access and into Minsc's pack

~SETUP-TUTUGUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurs Gate I GUI for Tutu

~SETUP-LUIZMODS.TP2~ #0 #8 // TOOL: Improved 'Standard Attack' AI script

Yes, this is correct, and no, if you've been editing the variables via console, we cannot help you in any capacity. Her lovetalk 11(at rest) should trigger only once - there's a dead set lock variable right after it.

If you've been experiencing trouble with the same talk popping all over again and you did NOT edit her variables beforehand, please, post the exact first line of the offending talk.

Yes, this is correct, and no, if you've been editing the variables via console, we cannot help you in any capacity. Her lovetalk 11(at rest) should trigger only once - there's a dead set lock variable right after it.

If you've been experiencing trouble with the same talk popping all over again and you did NOT edit her variables beforehand, please, post the exact first line of the offending talk.

I edited variables to try to get past the repeating dialog. My saved games have not been variable-edited.

The repeating line is: "*Dynaheir sits quietly for a long time, her brow furrowed. The light wind blows..."

Okay. I looked up the mod's script: a large block needs to be edited - I am not sure why the repetitions are there:

IF %BGT_VAR%

RealGlobalTimerExpired("X#DYLoveTalkTime","GLOBAL")

OR(20)

Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",2)

Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",4)

Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",6)

Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",8)

Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",10)

Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",12)

Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",14)

Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",16)

Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",18)

Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",20)

Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",22)

Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",24)

Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",26)

Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",28)

Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",32)

InParty(Myself)

!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

PlaySong(0)

PlaySound("dyrom1")

StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)

END

to

IF %BGT_VAR%

OR(15)

InParty(Myself)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

PlaySong(0)

PlaySound("dyrom1")

END

Otherwise, it's possible to reproduce the effect on a very fast computer - and anyway, the block is messed up. As it is now, the variable should reset itself in a second, or a few.

Okay. I looked up the mod's script: a large block needs to be edited - I am not sure why the repetitions are there:

IF %BGT_VAR%

OR(20)

InParty(Myself)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

PlaySong(0)

PlaySound("dyrom1")

END

to

IF %BGT_VAR%

OR(15)

InParty(Myself)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

PlaySong(0)

PlaySound("dyrom1")

END

Otherwise, it's possible to reproduce the effect on a very fast computer - and anyway, the block is messed up. As it is now, the variable should reset itself in a second, or a few.

What file is this code located in? I found it in p#dyrom.baf. Is that the file I should edit? I will need to reinstall after making this edit, right?

dizzyorange, it will be easier for you if you can open up your savegame in NI and edit dynaheir.bcs directly; then you don't have to worry about a reinstall. You must be on a smokin' rig - I am way jealous, having just spent an entire evening OC'ing my ancient p41.7 with NVidia 5500 in order to break the 10fps in-town Morrowind GOTY....

anyways, you can edit it in that file and reinstall, or simply edit the script blocks. I will take some time this week to look through and se if there are any other issues, and ask CamDawg to release a v15 with these repairs next weekend, removing the stupid extra END and moving up to WeiDU v202, plus this fix.

So, any more stuff folks, bring it on, please - we know about the forever-happening I_C_T error reports, which are going to be removed in v16, probably January (once we crack the whip and get started). Luckily WeiDU has been making the correct choices for us with those all along, but we should be aiming for a completely clean DEBUG.

dizzyorange, it will be easier for you if you can open up your savegame in NI and edit dynaheir.bcs directly; then you don't have to worry about a reinstall. You must be on a smokin' rig - I am way jealous, having just spent an entire evening OC'ing my ancient p41.7 with NVidia 5500 in order to break the 10fps in-town Morrowind GOTY....

anyways, you can edit it in that file and reinstall, or simply edit the script blocks. I will take some time this week to look through and se if there are any other issues, and ask CamDawg to release a v15 with these repairs next weekend, removing the stupid extra END and moving up to WeiDU v202, plus this fix.

So, any more stuff folks, bring it on, please - we know about the forever-happening I_C_T error reports, which are going to be removed in v16, probably January (once we crack the whip and get started). Luckily WeiDU has been making the correct choices for us with those all along, but we should be aiming for a completely clean DEBUG.

By no means do I have a fast computer! I bought my laptop 1 year ago for $450. It's a 2.0ghz Sempron I believe, the video memory is shared with system RAM. Why is this effect only reproducible on a fast system?

Now I am a complete NI newbie, so hopefully this goes well.. Got to figure out how to install that Java platform first.

CMorgan, is that extra END something I can change easily? Might as well get the most out of this NI adventure :)

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...st&p=104758

for the END problem - I do suggest fixing it and moving up to WeiDU v202, (download it from PPG, then copy the new weidu.exe renaming it setup-bg1npc.exe, and you are good to go).

As for the %BGT_VAR%, leave that in your code if it is the file you are modifying, as it means that if you decide to use BGT you will be able to do so. If you are in NI, leave it out, as the install process has removed it from the .BCS for Tutu installs.

And you are doing great.

I don't have an answer for that speed question; on my install, I can't reproduce this in testing, because the block seems to evaluate correctly - I guess because the you'd need to ask Kulyok. From a theoretical standpoint, the OR(20) should not really cause a problem, as

condition1 met + condition2 met + condition1 met + condition2 met = true.

But that assumes that the script is processed once, and the dialogue fires, setting the variable to close it, in an orderly uninterrupted sequence.

Okay, here's the scoop:

Using NI to change the OR(20) to OR(15) broke my romance - I couldn't get any timed romance scripts (except the lovetalk 11, because it was initiated by resting) to fire off.

I did a -lot- of testing (as you can probably tell from my multitude of deleted reports up there) and determined that certain conversation paths during lovetalk 11 (when the X#DYLOVETALK counter is 22) would increment the lovetalk counter to 23, and others wouldn't. After much -more- testing, I found that what's breaking it is that there's two conversation paths where Minsc interjects, complaining that <CHARNAME> should find another witch because Dynaheir is his. Any conversation path where Minsc interjects fails to increment the counter, every conversation path where he doesn't interject works just fine.

The broken paths are these:

First, choose: "2 - Pick up a blanket and roll it over Dynaheir's shoulders".

Do that, and you get 5 options. Either of these two:

"2 - This blanket will not shield thee from a sword or arrows, but the one who gave it to thee... just might",

or

"3 - Yes. *cough* Well, you go to sleep, Dynaheir, and I will... er... I promise that no gnoll or other mischief-maker will get through me to you!"

will make Minsc interject. Once he interjects, the update to the counter is broken, it doesn't matter what choices you make after that.

I don't think any other paths lead to Minsc interjecting, but those two are definitely broken - too bad, they were my favorites, hehe. I'm going to guess that dizzyorange got past the problem by picking another conversation path, not because of the change to OR(15) (which as noted above causes my romance to stop working altogether).

I want a tester cookie for nailing it down that specific and stuff :)

An additional issue came up during my research though - opening up the _YNAHEIR.BCS in the override folder, I found 19 warnings - repetitions of: "Resource not found - S:Sound", with 10 references to "dyrom1", 8 references to "dynah99" and one reference to "Oopah2". And in fact I haven't been getting any romance music, often I get no music at all during a lovetalk and when I do, it's the area music. I noticed I wasn't getting any unfamiliar music but I thought it would come later on in the romance, after we really were actually in a lovey relationship (we're not really yet), but those warnings make me thing it's broken. No idea where to look for the files to see if what should be there is there, unfortunately.

Qwinn

Good stuff, and thank you for testing!!! ( will delete the empty posts in a bit, if you don't mind.

After much -more- testing, I found that what's breaking it is that there's two conversation paths where Minsc interjects, complaining that <CHARNAME> should find another witch because Dynaheir is his. Any conversation path where Minsc interjects fails to increment the counter, every conversation path where he doesn't interject works just fine.

Cool - that is easy to deal with - in fact, it is probably already being dealt with through berelinde's heavy reworking of all thise interjections. Minsc's line is blocking the variable being set.

The broken paths are these:

First, choose: "2 - Pick up a blanket and roll it over Dynaheir's shoulders".

Do that, and you get 5 options. Either of these two:

"2 - This blanket will not shield thee from a sword or arrows, but the one who gave it to thee... just might",

or

"3 - Yes. *cough* Well, you go to sleep, Dynaheir, and I will... er... I promise that no gnoll or other mischief-maker will get through me to you!"

will make Minsc interject. Once he interjects, the update to the counter is broken, it doesn't matter what choices you make after that.

logged for recheck on my part, just in case these are not regular I_C_T2 materials that are being fixed.

I want a tester cookie for nailing it down that specific and stuff :)
:cookie: :cookie: Take two :)

An additional issue came up during my research though - opening up the _YNAHEIR.BCS in the override folder, I found 19 warnings - repetitions of: "Resource not found - S:Sound", with 10 references to "dyrom1", 8 references to "dynah99" and one reference to "Oopah2". And in fact I haven't been getting any romance music, often I get no music at all during a lovetalk and when I do, it's the area music. I noticed I wasn't getting any unfamiliar music but I thought it would come later on in the romance, after we really were actually in a lovey relationship (we're not really yet), but those warnings make me thing it's broken. No idea where to look for the files to see if what should be there is there, unfortunately.
Those references are to The BG1 NPC Music add on. If you download that as a separate thing and install it (TUTU ONLY, pending more reseacrh from the BGT folks - it relies on blanking the first music entry on the songlist, and BGT fills all available songlist entries, leading to very not-fun situations - check with Azzazello, erebusant, ascension64, pro5, Chevalier, and/or Hoppy over at SHS for further info) then these script hooks play on Tutu installs. Without the mod installed, these list as errors, but they don't stop the script from working (the missing resources are ignored).

The reference to Oopah2, though, throws me - I will go take a look and see what *that* is.

Good stuff, and thank you for testing!!! ( will delete the empty posts in a bit, if you don't mind.

Delete away :) Be glad you didn't have to read all those, lol, I was basically reporting while testing, so it kinda read like stream-of-consciousness for 4 long posts...

Those references are to The BG1 NPC Music add on.

HAH! Somehow I totally failed to notice all references to this when I downloaded the main mod. Duh. Well, cool, installing it now :)

:cookie: :cookie: Take two

I get -two- cookies? Well, damn, gimme something else to test!

Qwinn

Archived