BGII Alternate Soundtrack Thread

theacefes

Good? Bad? Tasty? Chewy?

I've half a mind to do more but I want to know what the people who installed it think of it.

I've installed it and left it installed. Seems to me that the new soundtracks fit in with most of the areas and fit the mood. There was one area where it seemed "out of place", but for the life of me I couldn't tell you where :) I was impressed with the what sounded like madrigals and some other instruments reminding me of flutes or wind instruments and the flavor of the music that seemed in keeping with the milieu in which BG2 occurs, equivalent to our Middle Ages and Renaissance period. That struck me as having required a lot of work on your part and made me wonder if you were a musician (OT, I know) :) Anyway, all I could say is that a scarcity of criticism probably means that your soundtrack fits the game pretty well :D

John

I have installed the Alternate Soundtrack mod. Soon, I may have to do a fresh install of all the mods I'm playing, however.

I would like to know whether it is necessary to install Alternate Soundtrack again or will the soundtracks remain and be played in the game without formally installing it?

When I say fresh install, I mean using the steps outlined elsewhere on G3 regarding the override folder, dialog.tlk, and chitin which I backed up after applying the official patches.

Thanks,

John

Hey guys!

We seem to be missing a lot of areas in the game for alternate music. If anyone has certain areas that they have ideas for original music for (style, tempo, instruments, etc) let me know! I welcome all ideas and will give credit of course to those who have suggestions!

Archived