Paper Dolls

Caedwyr

Is the location/naming system/details on paper dolls for characters included in the IESDP? I went looking earlier, but couldn't find anything in the Avatar section. I'm mostly interested in adding custom paper dolls to existing creature animations (for example BEARBR.cre has a brown bear paperdoll)

Yeah, it's on the PLT format page. Though WizWom just posted some updates (er, ok, he posted them a year and a half ago and they still haven't been added, apparently...).

Eh, but you're talking about adding a paperdoll for a bear? So the bear is going to be a joinable NPC? That's really the only way you'd see the PLT. Unless you're talking about the animations, then those are handled as BAMs (and paperdolls can also be BAMs, but that's another story).

Edit: As for the naming scheme, no, you may be right there - I'm not sure if there's detail in the IESDP for PLTs. I think it's similar to avatar animations though.

Actually, the bear already has a paper doll, and its the one that is used for druidic shapeshifts (Thats the other way you'll see paper dolls). Since I'd like to add some additional paper dolls for some custom shapeshifting forms, I was hoping to find out how I'd go about doing this.

I think that is mber1inv.bam. I think the naming scheme would use the animation prefix (as per anisnd.ids), an optional number, then "inv" (mtroinv.bam seems to be another, though I'm not sure I've ever seen the troll paperdoll work as such... might be kind of cool if it does). The scheme is the same for PLTs (cdfc#inv.plt for example, for various female dwarf clerics where # = a number that varies the paperdoll based on how they're dressed).

Archived