Install error help please

Kitanna

When I try to install, I get this error.

SK#tisunpack.bat is not reconized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

This is the code from the TP2

AT_INTERACTIVE_EXIT ~SK#tisunpack.bat~

Any help is appreciated :help:

You want to change that reference to sk#unpac.bat. Though the reference in the mod I just downloaded already has it as that.

Well darn. I was told to change it to SK#tisunpack.bat . Either way doesn't install without errors and 1 of the areas crashes the game. In the 1 you downloaded, it crashes after loading, in the 1 I have that Ama sent me, it crashes trying to load. I had hoped that problem had been fixed already :help: I'm not going to be ble to fix it without help. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. I love this mod and want to see it finished.

It installed fine on my BG2 with only the Fixpack and UB. It did give a couple warnings, but I don't think they're critical. Might want to have a dialogue wizard look at them (not my speciality unfortunately).

[bYLANNA.DLG] loaded

WARNING: I_C_T2: the interjection point (RIFTG03 26) has multiple exit transitions that have different actions!

First Action: GiveItemCreate("MISC5A",Player1,0,0,0)

Other Action: GiveItemCreate("MISC5A",Player1,0,0,0)

WARNING: I_C_T2: the interjection point (GAAL 23) has multiple exit transitions that have different actions!

First Action: Shout(99)

Enemy()

Other Action: Shout(99)

Enemy()

The fact it doesn't install on your game, along with the other errors makes me wonder if your game got corrupted somehow. That happened to me recently after messing with another mod. I'd be getting crashes when going to standard BG2 areas, so I reinstalled the game and it was fine.

well, I didn't get all those errors and the fact you did is a bit odd. What I got was '....' is not reconized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Of course the .... is from the unpack.bat. Still, I didn't think that was much of a problem since it installed until I got to the first non game area and then the game crashed after it loaded the area. I don't think it was a corrupt game as I did a clean install beforehand. So, it is obviously something else and what I don't know. I'm not familiar with the tispack and how it works. I thank you for your input and assistance. If anyone can/will offer thier help with this matter, I would be grateful.

Of course the .... is from the unpack.bat. Still, I didn't think that was much of a problem since it installed until I got to the first non game area and then the game crashed after it loaded the area.
Well, I think it was a problem since it couldn't find the tisunpack program on the version you have. Like I said, try renaming the tp2 reference to what the file's actually called.

You're not running on Mac or Linux by any chance? Because that would explain a lot of things. Though the message you got sounds like a Windows thing. I believe the apostrophe in the Neh'taniel folder will also cause issues with Linux at least, like Mur'neth did... not sure about Mac. If you're on Windows, then the fact you have a version that's different than the "official" download is the probable cause.

No, I'm not using a mac and the version I'm using is suppose to have all the fixes in it. The official download version also has the same problem with the area crashing the game. The person who did the tispack for the mod told me she got it from the Saerileth mod and it turned out that one was bad also. She told me since the tispack from the Saerileth mod was fixed, to look and see what they did to fix it. I did that but, it didn't fix the problem. It could the tisunpack.exe but, I have no idea how to fix that. Which is why I'm going to need help from someone who knows how to fix it and is willing to do so. And there lies my problem. And thanks again, I appreciate your input in this.

To be honest, I've only the vaguest notion of what tisunpack is and have no real idea how it works (or doesn't). I've never used it as yet in any of the mods I'm working on. I don't even know where to get it, except from other mods as you say.

You might try posting in Modding Q&A with tisunpack in the title, either here or SHS, teambg.eu or Pocketplane. Not that I'm encouraging multiple postings, but it's a question of getting the people with the right expertise to look at it.

Archived