What's needed for creating enemy NPCs?

ericp07

Sawara's fox in Angelo NPC is among the most hardened cheaters in the game, yes. Watch your trousers.

Seriously, I don't know how it is for you, but for me, an NPC mod author, coding quests sucks. It is exhausting, mundane, it requires extensive testing, and it's not half as fun as writing dialogue(unless you're writing it for an Iron Modder challenge). So I'd leave it for the end, when the NPC itself is complete.

That's what I was kinda thinking, to get the other elements in place, and save the quest for last...if not leave it for a separate, related mod of its own. I already know that writing Shae`lina's dialog is going to be a large undertaking, and I might possibly ask for some assistance in the process. An important part of writing it will be to decide which characters, both BioWare and modded, should be involved in banters with her. So many possibilities! :)

Thanks,

Eric

Cheating, I don't exactly call it cheating, because many Bioware creations cheat, then.

Oh, I don't mean "cheating" is bad, I just mean that it's unwise to rely on smart AI to get your master villain out in the nick of time.

If I can script it somehow, that would be best. The master villain should ultimately be killable, but I'd like that to happen only in the final encounter, where he'll definitely fight to the death.

- E

Seriously, I don't know how it is for you, but for me, an NPC mod author, coding quests sucks. It is exhausting, mundane, it requires extensive testing, and it's not half as fun as writing dialogue(unless you're writing it for an Iron Modder challenge). So I'd leave it for the end, when the NPC itself is complete.

Heh. I actually agree with Kulyok on this one, rather strongly. Coding quests is a colossal pain in the left buttock, and nowhere near as satisfying as just about any other aspect of moding.

So I'd put it off until everything else is done.

Archived