Imoen issues with v15

Margrave

I've got what I think is the current v15 installed on my BGT mega install. The problem is that Imoen leaves the party irregardless of reputation (10-20 at least) or response path during some of her interjections. The 1st one I noticed was Gallor at the archaeological dig, the 2nd is with Pallonia at the lighthouse. I can get around it by kicking her out right before the conversations but that sort of kills the point of having BG1NPC installed if you can't get the interjections. I could understand if I chose something anathematic to her beliefs but that isn't the case.

I haven't seen a similar problem with other NPC's yet, although Xan leaves if I remove him from the party with a comment about a dismal mission from the start and his debt is paid in full. I do have the Xan friendship mod installed so that might be the cause there.

I didn't think v15 had been released yet.

I am currently running with v14, and didn't have any such issues in those two encounters, the interjections worked fine.

For the record, I have EasyTutu, then BG1UBv6 (with 4 components skipped as suggested in various threads), then BG1NPCv14.

Qwinn

I didn't think v15 had been released yet.

I am currently running with v14, and didn't have any such issues in those two encounters, the interjections worked fine.

For the record, I have EasyTutu, then BG1UBv6 (with 4 components skipped as suggested in various threads), then BG1NPCv14.

Qwinn

It is a pre-release internal version, so this might be a bug that needs to be worked out before it goes public.

Margrave, do you have access to the playtesting forum? The issues you are talking about is precisely why v15 is a pre-release beta.

I haven't gotten to Imoen's interjections yet, but I'm quite curious to know where and when Imoen leaves the party, because that is not expected behavior. In fact, that's one of the things I'm asking players to look out for while testing interjections.

Which version do you have? 15D?

If so I found the problem. Monday, I started going back through the ICT3s, correcting the passbacks. That one is already fixed, but that won't do you any good until the next testing version is out, which will probalby be Saturday.

But I get the feeling that you just want to play the game, not test. That's OK, not everybody wants to do playtesting. I'm going to have to wait until I can get cmorgan on the line to advise, but I'd suggest downgrading to v14. Version 15D is still very much in its testing phase, and it is not recommended to take any of the NPCs that haven't been converted yet. Imoen is on that list.

Berelinde

With all the issues in v14 I'm ok with running into things in v15. I'll just post about what I find. I had given up playing for several months because of issues in v14, mainly romance stuff. I do have v15d and I don't think that I have access to the playtesting forum, but I've never tried either.

OK, let's see what we can do about getting you access to the playtesting forum. That's where I've been putting all the results of playtesting by others, so you might be able to avoid some of the problems.

The good news is that I hope to have a cleaned up version out this weekend, if my employer doesn't fire me and if cmorgan can package.

We had a couple breakthroughs early in the week that are reflected in the version I've got in text files on my computer, but it's going to take me until Saturday to finish moving everything that needs to be ICT3 to ICT3, adding passbacks, and doublechecking variable codependencies. Too bad I have to go to work every day...

So if you can hold out a couple more days, we'll get you access to the playtesting forum and get you a shiny new version that has a lot of those kinks, like Gallor and Pallonia, worked out.

I haven't seen a similar problem with other NPC's yet, although Xan leaves if I remove him from the party with a comment about a dismal mission from the start and his debt is paid in full. I do have the Xan friendship mod installed so that might be the cause there.

I think it's a straight reputation issue: your reputation is probably 18 and above, at which point neutral characters become unhappy with you.

It's the same with Imoen leaving at reputation <10, I'm afraid: BG1 uses different reputation modificators, and as Tutu and BGT both seem to adapt them, they make Imoen leave at Happiness<0(just a little unhappy), instead of Happiness<299(PC kicks puppies, steals sweets from children, and so on).

So, I guess your solution is keeping your reputation between 10 and 17.

Xan friendship only adds weighted talks to his main dialogue file, so it cannot interfere with his leaving dialogue file.

I had Xan friendship mod and BG1 NPC 14 and noticed that Xan does bolt even at first meeting if reputation is not high enough, GT9, like Kulyok said. Not a bug with the mods, just can't be too, good or too, naughty.

Two of my favorite mods I must say plus the "make Xan a sorceror" is my ticket these days. That comes with the Lost Items mod:

~SETUP-LOSTITEMS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Xan has Sorcerer class.

He becomes a spell casting machine once around level 5-6. And at level 8 for BG1, need I say more!

Great work cats and looking for more BG1NPC project goodies and fixies in v15!

@ Hoppy,

I also always have Xan as a sorcerer, he rocks in that mode.

@ Kulyok,

I was able to drop him off with no ill effects with a rep of 12 (thanks to shadowkeeper) so it was just usual behavior and not a bug as noted.

@ Whoever is responsible for the Xan quest,

A side note rather than a new thread. At the resolution of the quest in the FAI Xan gets his 10k experience and has Draw Upon Holy Might cast on him. It seems that the spell is not needed by then but I could see giving to Xan as a special ability or adding it as an ability of his moonblade as a gift from the Seldarine for saving the elven women.

Since I don't know how to edit .cre files I gave it to him through SK as a once per day ability and think it fits with the story line nicely.

@ Whoever is responsible for the Xan quest,

A side note rather than a new thread. At the resolution of the quest in the FAI Xan gets his 10k experience and has Draw Upon Holy Might cast on him. It seems that the spell is not needed by then but I could see giving to Xan as a special ability or adding it as an ability of his moonblade as a gift from the Seldarine for saving the elven women.

We discussed it when I was implementing Domi's quest(and tweaking/adding to/changing the reward somewhat in the process), and decided against it, since Xan for BG2 doesn't implement any special abilities for him, so this won't hold story-wise. Besides, 10K XP seems more than enough already.

(However, there's still some continuity here: Xan's ToB quest, in a way, continues this one.)

Archived