Romance Timers seem to not install properly

Guest Kimuji

Guest Kimuji

Hi there,

First of all thanks for all those damn good mods! But I'm in trouble with romances, none of them starts :thumbsup:

I looked at some of WeiDU.log files on the forum and I saw that the following lines were missing in my own WeiDU.log:

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // Romance Timers -> Coran's Romance Speed (x minutes)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // Romance Timers -> Dynaheir's Romance Speed (x minutes)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // Romance Timers -> Xan's Romance Speed (x minutes)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // Romance Timers -> Shar-Teel's Relationship Speed (standard: x minutes)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #37 // Romance Timers -> Branwen's Romance Speed (x minutes)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #42 // Romance Timers -> Ajantis' Romance Speed (x minutes)

I tried to reinstall several times the BG1NPC mod but I can't get the timers installing, I have no error message display, It doesn't say that installation fails but the timers don't really seem to be installed (at the end of the mod's installation everything is listed as succesfully installed but timers are not mentioned).

I even tried the new V.15 mod but the problem is still the same.

You might have gotten a bum download. It's rare, but it happens. I'd go for a full uninstall, then go for fresh download, and reinstall.

I was testing v15 for about a month before release, and I can tell you that the romances are all working.

Guest Kimuji

Thanks for the quick answer, in fact I'm playing with the French version of BG 1/Tosc/2/ToB using BGT. I tried to uninstall, redownload, reinstall but at the end timers installation is still unconfirmed (every other components are marked as "successfully installed" but not mention about romance timers, neither in my WeiDU.log)

Perhaps the problem is related to my BG1->BG2 converter. I'm wondering wich BG1->BG2 engine converter is best for me. I'm looking for the most stable one and I don't care about playing in english if the best mod is only available in english language. If I use an english converter I suppose all the game text will be turned into english but will the game be still playable or may I experience many crashes? In that case is there an "easy" way to convert my french version of the game into a english one allowing me using every mod with a maximum compatibility and stability?

(I know that Tutu_V4 is translated in French but I suppose there are more up to date versions available in English)

Unfortunately, Tutu v4 is the most up-to-date version available for English as well. Macready's EasyTutu is the most up current and most stable converter for players whose game is in English, but your whole game would be in English. I do not know if it can be applied to a game that starts out in French.

Two of our testers were using Tutu v4 on their German games, though, so I must conclude that there's something else going on with your installation.

Would you please post your weidu.log directly as it appears? The entries might give me some idea what's going wrong with your installation.

Guest Kimuji

I made a full reinstall of BG1-BG2 with a native english installation and used EasyTutu.

So here is my new WeiDU.log file:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Loadscreens

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #3 // BG2 Ammo Stacks

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Totemic Druid Spirit Summons are Balanced

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #8 // Hooded unarmoured avatars and hooded bards

~SETUP-EASYTUTUHOTFIXES.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Hotfixes: 05 February 2007 Release

~TXTMUSIC/TXTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Restored Textscreen Music for BG1TuTu, EasyTutu, and BGT-WeiDU

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Safana the Flirt

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Audio Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Area Corrections and Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Permanent Corpses

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // Elven Charm and Sleep Racial Resistance

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #27 // Sarevok's Diary Corrections

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Edwin his BG2 portrait.: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Imoen her BG2 portrait.: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait.: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #5 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Minsc his BG2 portrait.: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // The BG1 NPC Project: Make Shar-Teel Unkillable until In Party: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #32 // The BG1 NPC Project: Check for TutuFix Walking Speeds: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v15

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Kick-out Dialogues

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1110 // Add Map Notes

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1190 // Romance Bug Fixes

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // PnP Spell Progression Tables

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Alter Item Descriptions for 'Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor' Component

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2130 // Alter Item Descriptions for 'Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor' Component

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2180 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grand Mastery (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2230 // Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2231 // Description Updates for Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent Component

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3179 // Romance Cheats -> No Racial Requirements for Romance

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4060 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4070 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG Values

~SETUP-TUTUGUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurs Gate I GUI for Tutu

The game seems to run properly but I haven't tested the romances yet. I hope it works this time.

Guest Kimuji

Everything is running well, except the Shar-Teel romance :suspect:

I slept after the fight I gave the right answers (I checked that my SharInterest value was set on 1) but the first love talk doesn't happens correctly: I set the timer on 45 min and every 45 minutes a Shar-Teel talks to me but apparently I only have the 2 first lines.

I get:

*Your formidable mate, Shar-Teel, turns toward you all strength and grace, if little of pleasantness*

Plus a random second line and it stops, no dialog. And it happens again 45 minutes later.

It's her player-initiated flirts - it's all right.

Her dialogues should be happening, starting with a rest in the forest - if your reputation/alignment/stats are correct according to the romance(see the romance guide; everything is there).

You're getting flirts, not lovetalks.

Well, your flirts work, even if the romance is uncertain. I know that most of Shar-Teel's lovetalks happen on resting. Have you checked the romance guide? It's a PDF file in the folder labeled docs.

Shar-Teel's romance was the one I tested for v15. It worked fine, but I needed to refer to the romance guide often, and sometimes the dialogue file.

Guest Guest

I've stopped counting the times I slept in the forest :suspect: , it worked only for the romance initialization I guess. I slept with her and now the only thing I get is those few lines every 45 minutes.

Guest Guest

Straight after the fight I slept, she talked to me, I answered, we slept together and we talked just after you know what :suspect: . I saved the game I ran into Shadowkeeper to see if the var SharInterest was set on 1 and it was. So it seems that the romance has correctly started, but since that first dialogue nothing happens I only get short flirts no matter who long I wait and how often I sleep.

Guest Guest

And as I said before those lines are still missing in my WeiDU.log file:

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // Romance Timers -> Coran's Romance Speed (x minutes)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // Romance Timers -> Dynaheir's Romance Speed (x minutes)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // Romance Timers -> Xan's Romance Speed (x minutes)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // Romance Timers -> Shar-Teel's Relationship Speed (standard: x minutes)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #37 // Romance Timers -> Branwen's Romance Speed (x minutes)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #42 // Romance Timers -> Ajantis' Romance Speed (x minutes)

Is it normal that I installed thoses times but they don't appear in the log file? I tried to re-install them menay times (ever with different version of BG1NPC, V.14 & V.15). Can I install them manually?

Archived